Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Crash & Rebuild
Reload this Page >

u can do 3d 46 bit the dust with only 3 flights since maiden

Community
Search
Notices
Crash & Rebuild Post your crash stories, pictures and if you want to document your rebuild you can do that here too!

u can do 3d 46 bit the dust with only 3 flights since maiden

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2003, 07:05 PM
high in da sky

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default u can do 3d 46 bit the dust with only 3 flights since maiden

the plane was flying great, like no other 3d plane ive ever had on first flight it trimmed out perfect and i was hovering great then i landed. went up again and it flew great and had even more fun. then flight #3 went up was flying great 30 strait and level at 1/3 throttle feet went to do a loop, I pulled up and the wing broke in half it slapped the other wing then went back into position i was able to still fly so i called emergency landing but i wanted to kill the engine first so i hit kill switch but got no kill so i decided to touch the prop on ground to land p.s. it wouldnt slow down enough to land engine running and i didnt want anyone to get hurt. so i touched prop to ground engine died and it settled to a landing. then the wing slopped down me and some friends were looking ot the wing and we saw that there was no solid spar made out of a heavy looking plywood there was only a light one with lightening holes in it witch seems wrong?! lets face it i was lucky I was able to land it like this for it to stay repairable because the only thing holding that part of the wing to the fuse was the top covering and the servo lead

My last question is has this happened to anyone else with the ucd's? sorry for the long post but im pretty p.o.

just so you know im planning on sending it back to gp under waranty?! do think that might work

happy flying
Old 07-28-2003, 11:04 PM
Deadeye

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Really? You mean the wing actually 'slapped' the other wing, went back to it's original postition, and you were able to land it?

Wow. They must be putting pixie dust on those planes. I gotta get me one of those. :P
Old 07-29-2003, 12:55 AM
rc_boy_12
My Feedback: (2)

any pics?
Old 07-29-2003, 03:26 PM
electricfan
My Feedback: (1)

thats what you get when you buy arf's
Old 07-29-2003, 05:02 PM
knpjdad
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I heard of a friend of mine breaking the wings during level flight after the 2nd flight on his... But he's didn't self repair for a landing.
Old 07-29-2003, 05:11 PM
NeoGenesis
My Feedback: (27)

There are many reports of wing failures on the .46 Check out the thread under 3d flying. I'm almost afraid to maiden mine.

Neo
Old 07-29-2003, 06:33 PM
smokingcrater

I've only got maybe 10-15 flights on mine, all fairly hard though... last flight i DID hear a pop right after takeoff in a hard pullup. immediately landed, and didn't notice anything, and went on to fly another 2 hours. later that night when I was cleaning I noticed the elevator was no longer attached to the plane!

It was still in the slot of course, but the epoxy holding it had broken loose. It is now screwed AND epoxied in!

As far as the wing snapping, I've got a feeling most of the cases out now are probably due to overpowering and then flying much to fast for the plane. Remember GP has plenty of warnings out about overpowering it, and it would be fairly easy to snap the wing I think with a full throttle full elevator pullup...
Old 07-31-2003, 02:48 AM
high in da sky

do you guys think that gp will replace my wing or maby plane