RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Crash & Rebuild (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/crash-rebuild-96/)
-   -   things we say when we crash (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/crash-rebuild-96/2085620-things-we-say-when-we-crash.html)

Adui 05-06-2008 04:34 PM

RE: things we say when we crash

OUCH!
You handled that very well. Had that been me, (and Ive only $350 in my bird) I would simply have sat down and cried..

catracer343 05-06-2008 08:46 PM

[X(]"Uhh....Landing!" -or "Attention gentleman, for my next trick I'll need a volunteer!"

tipstall 131 05-22-2008 04:37 AM

Me after planting my brand new plane into the tarmac about 10 feet from: Ah well, SNAFU.

skyraider71 05-22-2008 06:35 PM

I don't call it crashing, I call it "involuntarily de-kitting"!

kid chuckles 05-29-2008 06:22 AM

Just watched a video of a Texan crash and as soon as it hit the fella says: It wasn't me.

aa2dd 05-29-2008 06:40 PM

Isn't that a wonderful feeling? Then you have to try find out what happened. Can't locate any problems! receiver/transmitter work just nifty on the bench! Do you "test" the transmitter again on a different plane? No, guess i'll send it in and have it checked. ..no problems found ... fly it again .... oh crap, there goes another plane bit the dust!!!!! send it in again ....no problems found!!! end up with an expensive shelf piece! been there .... done that! what a wonderful hobby sometimes!!!!:eek:[&o][8D][:o]

Bruce

Nathan King 05-29-2008 08:55 PM

ORIGINAL: kid chuckles

Just watched a video of a Texan crash and as soon as it hit the fella says: It wasn't me.
THAT was funny! :D

JLITZ3 08-28-2008 07:29 PM

Here ya go,my friend and I went to the field one day and I had an old Greatplanes Sportster Bipe. After getting it all ready to go I took off from the grassy field and made a couple of circles and just then I noticed that the plane seemed to have a mind of it's own when my friend said "What is it doing " I replied" It's slowly turning into junk". whne suddenly it went into the ground like alawn dart. When I turned around my friend looked at me and said "Ii'll get the bucket". There you have it's slowly turning into junk.

Arrow IV 08-28-2008 09:38 PM

Dude hand me my wallet and phone... What's the number for Tower Hobbies............. Again................

deothoric 08-29-2008 09:05 AM

There's always the "Called crash". By that I mean the one where you can get it pointed upwind, along the field but everything is so marginal you call "Bush at end of runway" as the safe option. I have a CAP 232 safely landed 75 feet up an oak. Its been there 5 weeks now :)

clyderik 09-12-2008 06:04 PM

I didn't see that coming.
Clyde

sir crashallot 09-12-2008 06:29 PM

on the odd occasion it has happened to me and iv just started singing queens another one bites the dust

Carpilot 09-13-2008 02:31 AM

"Heck, Darn, Poopie"

naval flight officer 09-14-2008 07:25 AM

I lost my top flite P-40 yesterday. I was at the field with my two year old daughter. Had a geat first flight. The second flight I experienced an uncommanded slow roll I could not correct. It went in fast and up side down. I said Oh no! Oh no Oh S#$%. My daughter said lets go get it and proceded to walk to the crash site to help her dad pick up the pieces.

MustangBY6 09-14-2008 03:35 PM

Uh-oh! It comed from together![X(]

trnt_west 09-20-2008 10:32 PM

"did anybody else feel a sudden gust of wind?"

VeeAte 09-21-2008 09:30 AM

I havent flown my trainer yet, but heres two I heard while watching guys at the field.

"LIKE A GLOVE!"

"No wonder the engine quit. It was made of rubber! Did you see it bounce?"

codyhenning 09-22-2008 01:30 PM

This last winter on the maiden flight i drove my Lanier Razor into the snow at about 40 mph. Only broke in half so its fixed and back up in the air. Damn thing did a snap roll on me about 20 feet off the ground. Pretty sure i was like "Hmmm.. ****. I think its still ok..."

planebuilder66 09-22-2008 08:59 PM

Quick little story of a crash,
My landlord (brian) the same age as me asked me if I could teach him to fly, since he had a trainer his wife got him 8 years ago and was interested in flying it I told him no sweat, so we tuned the engine, I bought him a new radio and set it up with a trainer cord. Off we went to the field and fired it up, I taxied, took off, trimmed it out and told him "it's all yours" well he was doing fine and I only had to catch him 3-4 times, so I told him I'd let him try to recover on his own. Long story short, he got into trouble and started to correct and recover as he was banking, the next thing I know is bolth of us keep following the direction of the plane but it's not there, next we hear the bang( time delay) from it hitting the tree. Apparently were bolth a little fuzzy on depth perception as dusk and I let him bank into a tree. After a breif pause, he looks at me and starts to walk twards the plane now on the ground, I let him get 30 feet away and he looks back to see if I'm coming, that's when I said " Are you crazy? " he says "what?" , ...... "That tree just kicked your planes ass!, what do you think it's going to do to you when you get there?". The look on his face of trying to process all that happened in the last minute and to throw a joke on top was priceless. Yeah, my rent stayed the same and he got payback by mauling a prop on my boat a week later, so were even I guess.:)

laserfish 09-30-2008 05:08 PM

I flew to close to the edge of the sky !

coyv10 10-01-2008 09:32 PM

Abunch of those are really funny, I don't have any room to talk I am currently learing to fly. week before last I finally got the plaine off the ground, I thought to myself cool I'm flying a few seconds later I'm thinking d*** I'm crashing then ordered a new wing...

Dharks 10-02-2008 12:39 AM

when i got home from the field

dad: so how did it go?
me: great, i learned to land at a 90 degree angle
dad: whats that mean?
me: why don't you ask the garbage bag?

nazzop 10-02-2008 10:25 AM

"f*****g gravity, heartless b***h"
"i never liked this plane anyway"
"thats something new!"

i heard all of this lines, but i never said any of them cuz ive never crashed

planebuilder66 10-02-2008 07:41 PM

NAZZOP, you must not fly then? or you just learned or throw the transmitter to the nearest victom to save it.:)

nazzop 10-03-2008 04:41 PM

yes i fly, i have a f-22, an arrow and a piper j-3, but i had a la race and a world star 40, these last two my dad crashed...