Notices
Digital Camera & Photo Editing Discuss digital cameras in this forum. Products, comparisons, usage, tips for getting your rc photos on the web. Software photo editing and touch up tips.

Picture Size

Old 10-25-2012, 10:12 AM
JollyPopper
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Picture Size

From time to time I like to post a picture or two in RCU, but I always have to go through an agonizing process of down sizing the pictures to fit. If I just stick the memory card in the computer and upload a picture, it comes out much larger than a full page photo and takes a lot of time to finish. Is there an adjustment either in my camera or my computer to make these pictures come out in thumb nail size suitable to upload directly to RCU?

Be gentle. I know very little either about cameras or computers.
Old 10-31-2012, 08:24 PM
Bozarth
My Feedback: (15)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Picture Size

Yes, there is a setting in the camera - size or resolution. Pick one of the smaller options - just remember, if you lower the resolution, you can't get it back.

Kurt
Old 10-31-2012, 09:52 PM
chuckk2

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

A high resolution original is almost always good! And, can allow significant cropping.
If nothing else, you can use irfanview (free downloadable) to change the size/resolution to what you need.

Old 12-14-2012, 01:26 PM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Actually, if you use the "reply" button at the top of a post, and then use the link at the bottom of the text box that says, " Click here to upload images and files!", it will automatically upload your photo and put the thumbnail pic at the bottom of the post. Easy-peasy. When someone clicks on the thumb, then they'll get the full-size pic. It won't be one of those that blows up the thread with huge pics.