Community
Search
Notices
Digital Camera & Photo Editing Discuss digital cameras in this forum. Products, comparisons, usage, tips for getting your rc photos on the web. Software photo editing and touch up tips.

If you need Photoshop help...

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2005, 09:33 PM
matt3D

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: If you need Photoshop help...

Hey Mike,

I know I'm asking a lot, but how did you do that picture were the missle blows up the jet? You don't have to tell me/us everything but even some of the information would be helpful. Like how you separated the parts and rotated them and the expolsion looks so real! How????? [X(] Also, when the missle is coming and it explodes into the jet I notice the missle's smoke gets lighter, is that a separate layer, where you can turn down the occupacity/ fill?

Thanks,

Matt

PS: Thanks for this forum.
Old 09-05-2005, 09:40 PM
matt3D

Here is some pics I made with ps.
The superbee pic is a before and after. I clean up the scratch, specs, etc. I took the pic at a car show in la.
I will put more pics up later. I just did a reformat.

Matt
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zw69471.jpg
Views:	357
Size:	82.9 KB
ID:	320240   Click image for larger version

Name:	Je98780.jpg
Views:	354
Size:	83.8 KB
ID:	320241  
Old 09-05-2005, 10:11 PM
MinnFlyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

That's getting off to a good start.

Doing the jet picture takes a lot of time and patience. I'll try to recall what I did and give you a few of the details....

First, I removed the jet, pasted it to a new layer, and filled in the old background where the jet was. This way I could move the jet forward without leaving a white space behind it.

The missle was two copies of the same missle, one blurred and one slightly transparent.

The explosion was a picture I stole from Google Images That I just used the rubber stamp tool to make bigger and bigger.

And the jet I just cut into several pieces, each on their own layer, so I could move them independently.
Old 09-06-2005, 10:29 PM
matt3D

Kool thanks, I figured the jet would have to be in several layers so you can rotate them.
I uploaded a few pics of my abstract. Some day I hope to get as good at ps to be able to make the last pic and all of the neat stuff you did with the jet.

Thanks,

Matt

Name:	Ro41924.jpg
Views:	355
Size:	82.2 KB
ID:	320750   Click image for larger version

Name:	Av68561.jpg
Views:	349
Size:	66.5 KB
ID:	320751   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xc79489.jpg
Views:	357
Size:	185.6 KB
ID:	320752   Click image for larger version

Name:	Oh13201.jpg
Views:	368
Size:	68.8 KB
ID:	320753  
Old 11-02-2005, 12:12 AM
rmenke
My Feedback: (13)

Hi: The trial of your life is before you, me. Have had a computer for several years and almost know how to turn the thing on. When the name computer dummy was imposed, it was also for me. Ok, I just cant seem to post or send a picture in any manner, although I have been trying. Have decent equipment, I think? Camera a Pannasonic DMZ FZ 15, what sold me was the zoom. No problem taking the pics or downloading. In flopping around, I find a number of photo programs on my computer, a Dell 4550. #1, SDviewer for DSC that came with the camera. #2, Photobase 4.5, #3 Panorama Maker 3. #4 Photoimpre 5, and #5, Adobe Photoshop. In your view, which of the above programs would be the best for a true dummy. Instructions use a lot of words that I just dont know what they mean, or how to find out other than by accident reading through things. Copier is a Cannon F60 that also seems to have a photo program on it, but must leave this alone? If you would let me know what to get rid of, I can go to your "Postilng Images" of 2-7-05 and not (hopefully) get confused with all the programs on my computer. Being born pre WW-2 and the advent of tellie does not help. But, just like 3-D, will fight it until I get it right. Your help will be most apprecited.
Old 11-02-2005, 10:36 AM
MinnFlyer

rmenke, Photoshop is the one by which all others are judged. It is the industry standard. If you have it, you can get rid of all the rest (Although you may want to hold on to the software that came with the camera in case it's needed for downloading)
Old 11-02-2005, 02:03 PM
rmenke

Told ya: Ok, I have two that may be what you are talking about or 0. Photo Impre-5 and Adobe Photoshop. If neither are what we want, what specifically do I want, Phoktokshop what?
Old 11-02-2005, 02:20 PM
MinnFlyer

Keep Adobe Photoshop - It's the best!
Old 11-02-2005, 03:51 PM
rmenke

THANKS MIKE:

Will spend a day or two working yon Photoshop and your instructions. Will try not to bother you again. Your time is much appreciated. Our RCU people like yourself have got to be some of the worlds best people!
Old 11-02-2005, 05:27 PM
ROGER RUSSELL
My Feedback: (12)

Is there a way to do a batch file across the board to auto enhance all the pictures you want, without doing one at time.
I am using, for now, the sofware that came with the Canon Digital.

In Adbe software too, or????

Thanks

Roger
Old 11-02-2005, 05:29 PM
MinnFlyer

I know it can be done in Photoshop. I don't know what features other programs have
Old 11-03-2005, 01:56 PM
MHawker
My Feedback: (16)

Mike's a great guy and will do anything for a steak dinner......... I wish someone would take away his spray can, though.

Name:	Vt57497.jpg
Views:	352
Size:	59.3 KB
ID:	348190  
Old 11-03-2005, 01:59 PM
MinnFlyer

You need to show the "Before" picture mike

BTW, the wife said my son and I could take that trip without her - That makes the trip a bit more possible - Maybe even this spring!
Old 11-04-2005, 12:04 AM
MHawker

Sounds good, Mike!

I'll post the "before" when I get to work tomorrow.
Old 11-04-2005, 11:39 AM
MHawker

The "before"......... oh how things have changed.

Name:	Qo38811.jpg
Views:	359
Size:	44.3 KB
ID:	348635  
Old 11-07-2005, 03:29 PM
rmenke

AHHH HA:

Typical young California RC-r. Nice house and area, no automatic sprinkler system to keep the grass green. Therefore, spends way too much time listening to the wife *****ing about the brumuda lawn. Guess the offset is that less time is spent mowing the thing. Save a lot of money so you can afford a gardner when you retire. It becomes much more difficult to find excuses not to do things when retired.

Anyway, am enjoying driving everyone crazy with pictures and appreciate your help greatly. I found out my Adobe Photo shop was somehow just a icon. Dont want to spend the $256.00 for the full photoshop, is there a ok less expensive way to go with this?
Old 11-07-2005, 03:32 PM
MinnFlyer

There are many less expensive programs out there, but I'm afraid I don't know too much about them
Old 11-08-2005, 11:32 AM
iacolb12

Hi, I'll chime in if you don't mind too much MinnFlyer. I have been a Graphic Designer for 9 years (12 if you count college) and have used Adobe and Macromedia products for years, and I'm fluent up to Adobe CS.

My advice for less pricey (Full) Photoshop alternatives are:

[link=http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshopelwin/overview.html]Photoshop Elements[/link] $80-99 - a toned down version of the full PS with some simplified tools. For the most part every thing anyone needs from PS is available outside of some finer power user capabilities. The new PSE even has the browser function of big brother PS.

Paint Shop Pro $130 (suggested) - By far the closest competitor to Photoshop Elements is Paint Shop Pro by Corel (formerly Jasc own the title). Some people prefer the way Pro's management tools work versus Elements, specifically in Pro vers. X. I used version 8 a few times and was impressed with the functionality.

Photo Impact $78-99 - PI is a solid photo editor for those who want that and never plan to make a plane appear to go through uncle Scheckie's head. It has a simpler interface that PS or PSE but it is intuitive and is capable of fine tuning images.
The down side it Photo Impact is pretty much the same price as Elements. So why not get a program that lets you do more. The real difference is the simpler interface for the light user.

If you can't afford Photoshop, then Elements would by my first choice. There is just more bang for the buck. Especially in the image manipulation and artistic arena.

Paint Shop Pro is an excellent alternative to Elements on par with the photo editin skills. It does take a step down in the illustrative/manipulation functions and tools but the average user won't notice too much.

Photo Impact is a good tool for those who want strong image correction and editing capabilities with a "wizard" styled interface. No real power user function but it is decent bang for the buck.

There are others out there and plenty of in-depth reviews but I have used these three in one version or another, so I feel good to comment.
Old 11-08-2005, 11:34 AM
iacolb12

Also, MinnFlyer, I'm not sure what platform you use, If you are on the Mac, have you seen [link=http://www.apple.com/aperture/]Aperture[/link] from Apple?

EDIT Ooops! I missed the thread about Aperture in the forum. But I'll leave it here for reference unless the Mod wants to nix it.
Old 11-08-2005, 12:01 PM
MinnFlyer

Thanks for the update Shirley!

Ooops!

Old 11-08-2005, 07:41 PM
MHawker

Typical young California RC-r. Nice house and area, no automatic sprinkler system to keep the grass green. Therefore, spends way too much time listening to the wife ****ing about the brumuda lawn.
I had Minnflyer Photoshop a sprinkler system in for me too. Whenever the grass turns brown, I have him Photoshop water coming out of the sprinklers and all is well. Either that or I applied Minnflyer's design to a real world application........ sprinklers and all

Name:	Rp44973.jpg
Views:	352
Size:	75.7 KB
ID:	351007  
Old 12-30-2005, 05:25 PM
Ernie Misner

What does CS stand for?

If Elements goes for approx. $90, how much are the full versions these days?

Thanks,

Ernie
Old 01-01-2006, 09:25 AM
MinnFlyer

CS = Creative Suite

I'm not sure of the price exactly, but it's somewhere in the $700 - $900 range
Old 01-02-2006, 04:07 PM
iacolb12

Actually it's more like $399 retail for just Photoshop. Which really means you can find it for $280-380 at online warehouse stores. The price quoted by Minnflyer is the Suite price which sells as a web package (Photoshop, Illustrator, Golive, Flash) and for print (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat Pro)

I could be off on the exact apps since they just released the new deals since Adobe bought Macromedia. But basiclaly I'd just by Photoshop by itself if you really want the horsepower. Otherwise Elements is a great product.
Old 01-02-2006, 09:40 PM
marwen1
My Feedback: (6)

... and don't forget that even though we Canucks still use all of the graphic programs up here, you might as well add on an additional 15.5% (at least with todays monitary exchange rate).

If I'm not mistaken, you can get CS as an UPGRADE. Normally, prior to CS an upgrade was only about $100 but from what I understand now the CS upgrade is about $150 Cdn.

Also, ADOBE has just finalised aquisition of MACROMEDIA. The last thing I bought from MAcromedia was FREEHHAND. That's pretty much akin to ILLUSTRATOR. Those two programs do much the same thing, just differently.

marwen

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.