Community
Search
Notices
Digital Camera & Photo Editing Discuss digital cameras in this forum. Products, comparisons, usage, tips for getting your rc photos on the web. Software photo editing and touch up tips.

Nikon D300

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2008, 12:19 PM
Jim Schwagle
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nikon D300

Anyone with a Nikon D300, what is your opinion? From what I have read mostly positive, although if you read Thom Hogan's site he likes it but warns of a steep learning curve unless you've owned a D200.
Old 08-02-2008, 12:39 PM
rckitbuilder

Default RE: Nikon D300

If you own a DSLR now and are familiar with all its possible setting, ISO, continuious focusing, Apeture and Shutter priority, I think you'll do fine with a D300. It is a wonderful camera, no I don't have one I'm a Canon shooter, but Nikon's new cameras are amazing, the D3 and D700 are masterpieces of engineering. If you struggle with a point and shoot you might stay away but, I think you'd love a D300.
IMHO.
Old 07-15-2009, 10:25 AM
MadScientist

As a pro photographer who owns two of them, I can tell you they are great cameras for the money. I use them primarily as backup cameras, but more and more i'm finding them in my bag as a first camera when going out on a shoot. Yes, there are lots of things this camera can do, and it does take some time to learn all of the functions, but that time is well worth it in terms of what you will be able to do with your new camera.
Old 07-15-2009, 12:47 PM
Prop Nut
My Feedback: (3)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It certainly does have the drool factor