Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Digital Video (DV) & Video Editing Software
Reload this Page >

Hero HD, video editing, VirtualDub, which settings/codecs?

Community
Search
Notices
Digital Video (DV) & Video Editing Software Discuss the use of digital video which we use to show our rc stuff off on the web. Talk about products, editing software, tips, ratings, rendering to the web, etc

Hero HD, video editing, VirtualDub, which settings/codecs?

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2011, 03:28 AM
magnusvr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hero HD, video editing, VirtualDub, which settings/codecs?

Hi!

While I have some experience in video editing, I just started filming with my Tricopter and GoPro Hero HD.
I ofcourse want to deshake my fottage and am successfully doing so in VirtualDub.
Still, I have some questions:

1. What settings in Deshaker do you guys use? The default ones seem to be really good at removing small vibrations but I would like to know if Ishould be trying something different?I still get tossed around in the air, making the viewer a bit seasick. Can Iget rid of my unintentional rolling and wagging?

2. What codec are you guys exporting with, from VirtualDub?Ihave tried DivX and ffdshow x264, and even that lossless thing that generates 2GB for 20 seconds of video..ha. Iget the feeling that there is some better way. I'm using Cyberlink Director for editing.

Thanks!
Magnus von Rosen, Sweden