Community
Search
Notices
Digital Video (DV) & Video Editing Software Discuss the use of digital video which we use to show our rc stuff off on the web. Talk about products, editing software, tips, ratings, rendering to the web, etc

Sony DVD 201 Software?

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2005, 07:22 PM
STLPilot
My Feedback: (21)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sony DVD 201 Software?

Does anyone know of a better application then Pixela for the Sony DVD 201 or model that close to it? Pixela sucks real bad.

Please advise.

Thanks!
Old 03-08-2005, 12:15 PM
J_R

Default RE: Sony DVD 201 Software?

A lot depends on what you want to do with the videos after you have them on the computer. I certainly haven't seen all of the applications that come with cameras, but, from the ones I have seen, they can all be described as poor. There are many free or commercial programs that are better for editing or burning to dvd. Again, it depends on what you want to do.
Old 03-08-2005, 05:42 PM
STLPilot

I want software that is capable of pulling directly off the camera other then Pixela.

I have plenty of editing software.
Old 03-08-2005, 07:48 PM
J_R

Go to this site http://www.doom9.org/index.html?/mpg...ink31-main.htm

Once there, click on download in the upper left. Programs to do just about anything to a DVD. I suspect you are looking for something to convert .vob files to .mpg files so you can then manipulate them.
Old 03-10-2005, 05:09 PM
ToyFigure

I have a Panasonic VDR-M50 that records to a mini DVD too but I think it'll need the software that comes with your camcorder to first make it "readable" by other video editing software (DVDShrink, DVDDecrpyter etc). Mini is like that so I guess it should be similar as the Sony?
Old 03-10-2005, 06:11 PM
J_R

Look under downloads for a tool that does what you want to do. There are dozens of tools there. Dvdshrink is to copy DVDs and Decrypter does other thngs. It's a pain in the tail site, but everything you ever wanted to know about video is there.
Old 05-13-2005, 09:42 AM
STLPilot

Im not looking to edit or do anything other then capture the video off the Sony DVD 201 and use something other then Pixela that totally sucks. It has no options to output except into 2 formats. The camera is great the software sucks bad.
Old 08-13-2005, 08:35 AM
kbkranz

STLPilot: Curious did you ever find the software you were looking for. Your correct Pixela SUCKS!
Thanks Kev
Old 11-24-2005, 10:02 PM
Kmot
My Feedback: (24)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

My Pixela sucks so bad, it has stopped working. It starts up with that "Creating Timeline" window box and then perpetually reloads over and over. For up to an hour I let it run one time. I have to ctrl+alt+del to shut it down.

I have Cyberlink Power Director, and it can import a DVD but it takes forever and creates a zillion 2 or 3 second files and then each one takes a couple minutes to drag to the playboard. It is driving me nuts! Can take me an hour to make a 1 minute mpeg. At least when Pixela worked it made a single file out of each capture. I wish Power Director would do the same.

It is so frustrating I am thinking of dumping my Sony DVD camcorder and going back to tape.