Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Digital Video (DV) & Video Editing Software
Reload this Page >

Putting more than one hour of video on a DVD-R

Community
Search
Notices
Digital Video (DV) & Video Editing Software Discuss the use of digital video which we use to show our rc stuff off on the web. Talk about products, editing software, tips, ratings, rendering to the web, etc

Putting more than one hour of video on a DVD-R

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2005, 05:03 PM
JimBrown
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Putting more than one hour of video on a DVD-R

Here's a little trick I use to get more than one hour of video on to a standard DVD-R.

Whatever software you are using to render and burn your video to DVD-R, see if it allows you to render your DVD ready video to a folder on your hard disk, instead of burning it directly to a DVD-R. If so, do it.

Once the video has been rendered to a folder on your hard disk, use [link=http://www.dvdshrink.org/what.html]DVD-Shrink[/link] to reduce the size of the video in the folder and copy it to another folder on your hard disk. (DVD-Shrink has an mode that automatically calculates how much to shrink the video. Very easy to use program. And it is free!)

Finally, use any burning software that can burn a DVD-R from an already prepared folder on your hard disk, such as Nero Burning ROM, to burn the reduced size video from the second folder.

It's a lengthy process, because you are rendering the video twice, but the results speak for themselves. I have jammed as much as 3 hours of video on to a standard 1 hour DVD-R with almost no discernable loss of quality. (Most of our amatuer video is not the greatest quality to begin with. )

Have fun!
...jim
Old 03-12-2005, 07:13 PM
fishycomics

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Putting more than one hour of video on a DVD-R

kewl I get 6 hours of it on a dvd r
Old 05-08-2005, 03:38 AM
TheSLIM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you use a kvcd template and do half DVD resolution, you can get 9+ hours on one disk, if you do VCD on DVD you can get 12+ hours on one DVD :O

And that is DVD5, double it for DVD9 :O :O :O
Old 06-16-2005, 10:31 AM
DebianDog

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If I want < an 1 1/2 hours of video on a disk I just drag it to iDVD and hit burn ;-)