Notices
Digital Video (DV) & Video Editing Software Discuss the use of digital video which we use to show our rc stuff off on the web. Talk about products, editing software, tips, ratings, rendering to the web, etc

good software

Old 04-09-2005, 11:48 AM
speed demon 00009

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default good software

Hey,
what is a good editing software for my sony handycam? i am runnning XP on my computer so i will need some compatable with XP... what it is a good software to edit videos but i dont want it to be to much money..
Old 04-09-2005, 11:54 AM
Fubar-One
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: good software

Pinnacle Systems Studio 9.
Runs about $100.
Bit more if you order it with the firewire/analog/stereo input/output PCI card.
All my movies are edited with it.
Old 04-09-2005, 01:37 PM
J_R

A lot depends on what you want to do with the video. If you just want to view it on your computer, or stream it over the internet, XP comes with Windows Movie Maker. If you use that, be sure to upgrade first. Look under help in Windows Movie maker. It's a free upgrade to ver. 2.

If you wan to put your video on DVD or VCD, that is a different issue and it is going to require some other software. Your cam should have come with some rudimentary software.

PC Magazine has always been known for "telling it like it is", regardless of how much an advertiser spends with them. They have a current review of some software here: http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,1759,1782100,00.asp

There is also free software if you are willing to read a lot and learn, it may be the best available. Here is a site that has a lot of choices (look under the download section): http://www.doom9.org/index.html?/mpg...ink31-main.htm . The site also has some great explainations of things you need to know about video.

Be aware that you can find heavy discounts on software once it has been out a while. Check the manufactures sites for the specifics of the software requirments and functionality.
Old 04-09-2005, 02:31 PM
speed demon 00009

never mind i figured it out.. thanks for the quick help guys