Community
Search
Notices
Digital Video (DV) & Video Editing Software Discuss the use of digital video which we use to show our rc stuff off on the web. Talk about products, editing software, tips, ratings, rendering to the web, etc

Beginners question about Digital Video

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2006, 02:07 PM
donhef

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Beginners question about Digital Video

I posted a question in the aerial photography forum and I hope that someone can give me some information here. I would like to do aerial video using my Mustek DV 3500 Digital Video camera. The Specs are below:

Function: Digital Camcorder, Digital Still Camera, Digital Voice Recorder, Video Camera, USB Portable Disk, PC Cam, MP3 Player,
Image Sensor: 2.0 Mega CMOS Sensor
Resolution: Fine: 2304 x 1728 (Hardware Interpolation)
High: 1600 x 1200
Low: 640 x 480
Video Clip: 640 x 480 / 352 x 288 / 320 x 240
Display : Color TFT 1.5" LCD
External Memory: SD / MMC
File Format : JPEG / ASF / MP3 / WAV
Lens: Fixed (5 Glasses Lens)
8.5 mm (equivalent 44mm for 135 camera)
F. No. 2.8
Focus Range: 70cm to infinity
Digital Zoom: 4X
Digital Eff ects B&W / Sepia / Mosaic
Interface: USB / AV out / earphone
Video Frame Rate 20~30fps (PC Cam 320 x 240)
Self Timer : 10 Seconds Delays
Shutter Speed : 1/15 to 1/2500 Second
Power: 1.5 V AA alkaline x 2
Dimensions :
86 X 40 X 68mm
Weight : 110g (without Battery)

I would like to know if this would be alright to do simple videos of my flights? I will be desiging a cradle for the camera to be mounted either above the wing or to the left of the fuselage on my Avistar. Once again, any input or insights would be much appreciated!

Don
Old 01-14-2007, 04:47 AM
Jasman
My Feedback: (37)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Beginners question about Digital Video

Don, I have a Mustek DV 3500 and it works quite well. I placed two strips of Velcro on the back of the camera and attached it directly to the side of the plane. I have the camera shooting downward and facing the front but you can have it facing rearward also. I like the fact that it has a video res of 640x480. I'm using a rather large plane so the lateral balancing is not a problem.
Stoney