Community
Search
Notices
Digital Video (DV) & Video Editing Software Discuss the use of digital video which we use to show our rc stuff off on the web. Talk about products, editing software, tips, ratings, rendering to the web, etc

Video downloading problem!

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2006, 09:15 PM
duckedup

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Video downloading problem!

ok, when I click certain links to check out videos, I get a bunch of code or something all over the page - like black diamonds with a ? in the middle of them... For example, whenever I try to watch a video from SlapMaFro.com, that happens. Is there a codec I need or something? I have Windows media 11, Real Player, Divx and Intervideo, none work and I don't know what to do!... A link or some advice would be great, thanks in advance!

sorry if this isn't in the correct forum, I wasn't sure where else to ask..
Old 08-28-2006, 09:16 PM
JimBrown
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Video downloading problem!

Hi,

In the case of the website you mentioned, they are storing their videos as Zip files (the WMV ones.) You'll need to right click on the link and then select "Save target as" to download the Zip file to your computer. Then use WinZip (or just open it if using Windows XP) and extract the WMV file. Then click on the WMV file to play it.

...jim
Old 08-29-2006, 02:37 PM
duckedup

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Video downloading problem!

Thanks much!, works just like you said[sm=thumbup.gif] ... seems odd though, I didn't have to do that on my laptop[sm=confused.gif] ..oh-well