Community
Search
Notices
Digital Video (DV) & Video Editing Software Discuss the use of digital video which we use to show our rc stuff off on the web. Talk about products, editing software, tips, ratings, rendering to the web, etc

Video editing software

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2009, 07:10 AM
rt3232
My Feedback: (6)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Video editing software

Clarence

It records onto a mini cd and my buddy just copied it to DVD-R and I assume that is digital. I have been trying to read spec on 2 different programs Roxi DVD Decorder, and Nero 9 but the more I read the more I seem to get in the dark and now looking as Windows movie maker.

Bob T
Old 10-10-2009, 07:15 PM
AH-64_d

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

RT3232,

Hope you got your video read, edited and posted by now. What your friend gave you is digital, but reading your 2 posts made me wonder if your friend finalized his DVD-R before handing it to you. If not, it will only play on his PC - if that. It is also not clear to me if you can see it on the TV thru the camcorder, or whether you used a DVD player to look at it on the TV. Which was it? It is not unusual to have an up-to-date operating system that lacks a DVD decoder. The consumate wisdom of Microsoft is resplendient with little problems like that. Realplayer or WINDVD or some other third party stuff ought to let you play it. For example, Windows Media Player or my PC just does not like to play video recorded on my FlyCamOne2, until I edit it and output it with Pinnacle Studio. There are other people who have PCs running XP that have no problem looking at the same video that my build of Media Player dislikes. You need to figure out what your PC wants and find it. In one instance, I lost the ability to burn DVDs outside of Studio after a Windows update. Rather than fight it, I bought a new DVD burner and was delighted to learn its laser could burn titles onto the DVD. Nice!
Old 10-25-2009, 10:04 AM
rt3232
My Feedback: (6)

AH-64_d

What I have is just a copy of his original cd, and I have found a a DVD DECODER that lets me play it on my PC, but due to hunny do's and a much needed vacation I have not got a editing program as yet, and don't want to post till I can get most of the bad stuff out, turns out this was the first time he used the camcorder so what he got had a lot of junck ie: grass post trees out of focuse etc.

So if you have a suggestion on a good simple program, it would be a great help

Thanks for your help

Bob T
Old 12-05-2009, 09:57 AM
captinjohn

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: RCFlyer

Hi THX,

Windows Movie Maker is also available on Windows XP home version.

I use Pinnacle 9.5 it's not free.

Clarence
Why is it I cannot find Windows Movie maker on my 2000 XP home version? Thanks Capt,n
Old 12-05-2009, 10:05 AM
JimBrown
My Feedback: (2)

It's only available through Windows Update.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/d...viemaker2.mspx

...jim
Old 02-17-2010, 09:58 AM
Rebeccageorge

Adobe Premiere or Sony Vegas Pro are the best..Pimp Myspace

Old 07-24-2011, 07:12 PM
dragnse7en
Banned

Roxio and Nero are both useless rip-offs IMHO
Old 09-13-2011, 03:34 PM
rtalan

To be honest,

if you have Windows: Windows Movie Maker is good enough to make any video

if you have Mac: iMovies is enough

Old 04-08-2012, 07:08 AM
Tinkman

I use Corel Video Studio Pro.
If you wanna make nice videos you have to get away from free software.

Joaquin
Old 04-08-2012, 10:58 AM
LarryV

I agree with Tinkman, stay away from the free stuff. I use Pinnacle Studio 12, its very good out of the box and has plenty of add on FXs.
Old 11-06-2012, 07:10 PM
waterloged

I'm running Pinnacle studio 14 HD ultimate. It's very good, lots of options for editing. i also use adobe premier pro in creative master suite 6 which is very profesional (which my spelling is not ) it is harder to use. and none of these are free but these two are very good.
Old 09-16-2015, 07:03 AM
SpeedsterDEN

I use AVS editor, It can hand most video fil types.
Here with Iphone, Gopro and Virb elite cams in the same video from my 6 meter glider and use AVS edit to put it together:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3xxjqpIRNg Cheers
Soren

Last edited by SpeedsterDEN; 09-26-2015 at 09:37 AM.
Old 09-04-2017, 10:31 PM
ChopDrifter

If you want free Kdenlive on linux, i think there is also a kdenlive windows beta port
Old 09-18-2017, 09:13 AM
speedamigo

I use Final Cut Pro X - compared to the adobe solutions its cheap and it does a good job
Old 09-19-2017, 08:03 AM
Psychron

I know they've been mentioned a few times already, but let me give you my choice.

I tried Adobe Premier pro for a minute and it did the job, but I found the interface difficult to deal with and unintuitive (not sure that's a word but you understand I'm sure) So many things I wanted to do I had to look up and would then forget next time I made a movie.

If you ever worked with audio software like Cakewalk sonar X and previous versions like I have to write music, you'd be right at home using Sony Vegas Pro. I am running that now. It is my goto. I don't have to figure out how to adjust gain on audio tracks or do crossfades and transitions between video sequences. every possible control you'd want on an audio or video track is availble just by hovering over the end of a clip. You can shrink or expand the clip or apply fade in or out properties to th ebeginning and end just by clicking when the correct icon shows up and dragging toward the center of the video or audio clip.

Saves time. Using Adobe it would take me up to 5 hours to make a simple stupid 5-10 minute video with all the editing and subsequent need to look things up while doing it. With vegas pro, it was like slipping into old shoes. Even the online reviews consider it to be one of the top 2. The review went "Every bit as good as premiere pro, with an arguably better and more intuitive interface."

They weren't kidding.

All my newer videos are way better as a result. (camera work excluded lol)
Old 04-23-2020, 02:11 AM
Edward Simpson

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I use OBS (Open Broadcaster Software). OBS Studio is a popular free and open-source video recording and lives streaming tool for Windows PC.
Old 06-06-2020, 01:21 PM
iftibashir

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Mega old thread - but considering its still alive, what the heck!
I use Final Cut Pro X on my MacBook.....
Old 06-25-2020, 09:55 PM
Lolimo

Vegas Pro 13 is my personal top. It can do almost everything and there are many tutorials on youtube if you need to do something you've never done before.
Old 08-07-2020, 03:24 AM
fishycomics

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Outdated topic: Free video editors are Devenchi resolve 18
Old 08-10-2020, 02:41 PM
Oziumentisis

I am a fan of Adobe Premiere.
Old 02-17-2021, 04:33 AM
JoshuaFic

Default -

Windows movie maker no longer cuts it see what I did there, so Im looking for a high quality video editing software,

Power director 12 seems top choice at the minute but not sure which version, normally Id get a hacked copy but I feel it will be worth getting a legit copy for the amount of use Ill be getting from it
Old 03-08-2021, 10:40 PM
Yeri Tan

Default Video Editing Software

Hi,

I use TunesKit AceMovi Video Editor, I think it is a good editing tool.

It has a free trial version to let you have a first taste.

It is really easy to use. You may try it.
Old 06-02-2021, 03:13 AM
SujataM

I know some best Video editing software:
1 – Windows Movie Maker
2 – YouTube Remixer
3 – Apple iMovie

Old 08-20-2021, 02:21 PM
thomb81

This is probably a ridiculous way to edit videos for most people, but I like the text / script based approach of AviSynth.

It can be a bit painful to install, but it's free and many recipes / effects and examples are available online. Especially interesting if you want to restore old VHS video clips digitally.

I use AvisynthRepository to install the back-end, avsrepo to install popular plugins, AvsPmod for editing the scripts, and use ffmpeg on the command line to convert the scripts to finished video files.
Old 08-29-2021, 09:17 PM
mechamancer

Unhappy

Originally Posted by thomb81
This is probably a ridiculous way to edit videos for most people, but I like the text / script based approach of AviSynth.

It can be a bit painful to install, but it's free and many recipes / effects and examples are available online. Especially interesting if you want to restore old VHS video clips digitally.

I use AvisynthRepository to install the back-end, avsrepo to install popular plugins, AvsPmod for editing the scripts, and use ffmpeg on the command line to convert the scripts to finished video files.
Haven't tried it before, but I certainly should now.
I've inherited a nice collection of family tapes which I'd like to restore. None of them were digitized (as no one tried to do this), and I don't have much time so it's such a pain. Of course, I've been reading some guides before taking a leap, but I still have to learn a lot. I'm working on the first recording and the sound is so bad I don't know what to do. When I'm trying to simply make the channel louder in my software, I can clearly hear the artifacts (camera clicks and such). But in its original state, it's almost a whisper. Otherwise, the video itself looks decent after digitizing.
Has anyone tried to use VideoLouder? Or any other sound processor? Any recommendations?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.