Community
Search
Notices
Digital Video (DV) & Video Editing Software Discuss the use of digital video which we use to show our rc stuff off on the web. Talk about products, editing software, tips, ratings, rendering to the web, etc

Windows Movie Maker

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2008, 09:52 PM
TraxxasTrucks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Windows Movie Maker

I don't know what the rest of you use, but the past couple of versions of Windows Movie Maker is capable of doing everything I need it to do. Video editing software is so expensive today I just can't justify buying something when you get so much with this program. Comments please
Old 07-28-2008, 05:07 AM
jgeck90

Default RE: Windows Movie Maker

I say its okay. Thats all i have at the time but i will be getting CS3 soon which comes with lots of stuff for video editing.
Download Photostory 3! I really like it. There is only a few things different you can do, like you can make it zoom in on someone's face or your R/C truck. If you have a mic you can add a voice message. For example when your savage shows up you can say "This is my savage with a march .28" etc....I usuall just add my pictures, do the transitions, and skip the option of adding a song and save it. I then go to windows movie maker and add the videos to it, and the music. I then add it to windows DVD maker and put the "cover" or whatever you want to call it, where it shows the start option, and the scene's option.
Old 07-28-2008, 06:12 AM
MinnFlyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Movie maker is pretty good. I use Adobe Premiere because I need to super-impose copyright info and I don't think MM is capable of super-imposition.
The following users liked this post:
Edward Simpson (04-23-2020)
Old 01-31-2009, 07:16 PM
AirmanBob
My Feedback: (14)

Movie Maker is really good. You can lay your camcorder on it's side
and record ( I use the 'Flip' Ultra ).

Then Movie Maker can flip it and rotate it back to normal. It's great
for that and much more.

AB
Old 04-22-2009, 01:17 PM
Bretuk

Is there anyway to play and edit mpeg4 videos from a digital camera with Windows movie maker.
Old 07-28-2010, 01:46 PM
guapoman2000

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I have enjoyed Microsoft Movie Maker for several years and have edited "almost" all of my Videos with it but, the only thing that I do not like is this program somehow is impeded with the MS OS and depending on what Microsoft OS version your computer is operating it might have different results / options.

I have an HP Pavilion 760n, model number P6320A (Originally came with 120G HD, 512G RAM) and operating with Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition. Somewhere along the line the Microsoft Movie Maker STOPPED working and the video editing software comes up for a few seconds to only give me an error saying there was "An Error Occurred and Program Shutting Down"

I have tried restoring the computer to an earlier date, nope that did not work, I have since bought new memory a 2700 series 333 / 400 speed 1.0 Giga-Byte DIMM module and that did not help.

I finally was able to figure out how to create complete "Recovery" CD's all 9 of them and have yet to issue the Recovery process as I like to try several other things.

When you go to Microsoft Web Site it tells you that you need to install:

Download Instructions

Movie Maker 2.1 is available for download with Windows XP Service Pack 2 (SP2). You can download SP2, Movie Maker 2.1, and all future critical updates automatically by turning on the Automatic Updates feature in Windows XP.

Well, I have and still nothing!!!!!!![>:]

I just don't know why MS does this and has MM part of the OS?? I think that I have loaded all the way to Service Pack 3 because my OS is the 32bit running version and anyway there's no SP3 for the 64-bit version of Windows XP. You would think that all these MS Auto Updates would fix my Movie Maker, NOT!!!

I am considering buying another separate Video capture and editing Software as it has been my experience that MS MM is just too flaky!!

Carlos
Old 09-05-2010, 01:33 PM
stw9495

Windows Movie Maker is my love/hate affliction. It seems everyone has had some problem with it crashing, being slow, not rendering properly, etc. I also hated how I had to convert my clips. Now that I'm using Ubuntu, I miss Movie Maker, because it has an interface like no other, I guess. It was easy to use and easy to manipulate to get pretty good movies, and in conjunction with Wax 2.o pretty cool effects. 

Now there was on other thing I meant to say and I now I can't think of it. :/ 

Oh yeah, WMM limits your outputs! You have no choice to keep the exported movie the same quality as the raw files. The newer WLMM is a bit better but abandons some of the more useful features and the timeline bar...so it's a tossup. 

Right now I'm using Openshot because Kdenlive bugs out on me every time I try and use it. 
Old 09-23-2010, 11:53 AM
VitalStar

I don't use Windows Media Player because I like to have lots of export options and be able to control the video quality very well. With WMM it's very hard to get good quality without getting a huge file. I used to use Ulead Media Studio, until it was discontinued. Now I use Adobe Premiere Pro CS4, which i've come to like very much.
Old 12-11-2013, 08:58 AM
jak_kkaall

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Can we save to computer in windows movie maker at other resolution besides the two options available 640x480 and 720x5..? I've got an Canon that films HD and I would like to continue using movie maker.
Old 12-11-2013, 07:30 PM
collector1231
My Feedback: (1)

I don think so jak. I recommend a Sony Movie editor, like so; http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...=REG&A=details
I use it, and it was easy to learn, nearly bug free, and can render in a number of resolutions.
Old 12-14-2013, 01:50 AM
jak_kkaall

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Thank you. I will try it and maybe I will also try pinnacle 14,16... So far I used movie maker and in the past pinnacle 9 but it crashed a lot, maybe because of my PC. I don't know if I'm allowed to post videos here. This is made with windows movie maker although not the best resolution. 18 min, a little long I know..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGyoiWCIg2g
Old 10-11-2017, 12:46 PM
engelik

openshot seems pretty cool, but if you feel the need for more adobe premiere is the way to go
Old 11-22-2017, 03:59 PM
Chosen4

I give my voice to Hitfilm Express 2017, it is free and you can export even 4K resolution videos out. Mostly Basic features are really easy to use, I make my first video after looking 20 minutes tutorials videos from Youtube.
Old 02-26-2018, 08:12 AM
Sarge50

Originally Posted by Chosen4
I give my voice to Hitfilm Express 2017, it is free and you can export even 4K resolution videos out. Mostly Basic features are really easy to use, I make my first video after looking 20 minutes tutorials videos from Youtube.
I just downloaded this. I had to post in on Facebook to get the free version. At least I didn't have to say something about a politician that I agree with or don't agree with. We'll see how I like the software