Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Digital Video (DV) & Video Editing Software
Reload this Page >

friggin youtube and windows movie maker...I need BIG help!

Community
Search
Notices
Digital Video (DV) & Video Editing Software Discuss the use of digital video which we use to show our rc stuff off on the web. Talk about products, editing software, tips, ratings, rendering to the web, etc

friggin youtube and windows movie maker...I need BIG help!

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2010, 01:59 PM
ShoestringRacer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default friggin youtube and windows movie maker...I need BIG help!

Sometimes when I upload a video to youtube it comes out as just a blank screen for the whole length of the vid, and other times it is fine, and the problem is I don't know what I am doing differently.

Can someone explain to me like I am a 2 year old because I am not much better than a 2 year old would be at it I'm sure!

here is what I do:

I open WMM, then click "new project tab", then I drag my clips to the bottom storyboard, then I click the "save project" button at the top left, then I go to top and click "Tasks" and under Finish Movie I click "Save to my computer", which then gives it some "_0001" name extension I don't know why, then under the Save Movie Wizard I select "DV-AVI (NTSC)" . Then I upload that file to Youtube.

So what do I need to do exactly to make it upload normally every every every single time??

I read online it has something to do with the "codec" but if it works on some vids and then not on others???

Please help me as you can see I dont see the big picture!! Literally!!
Old 01-12-2010, 02:27 PM
MinnFlyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: friggin youtube and windows movie maker...I need BIG help!

Try saving them as WMV files in the 700ish range
Old 01-15-2010, 03:04 PM
Devils-Reject
My Feedback: (8)

the newest version of windows video software has an auto upload to youtube feature check it out its free to upgrade
Old 02-15-2010, 05:29 PM
Devils-Reject
My Feedback: (8)

ORIGINAL: Devils-Reject

the newest version of windows video software has an auto upload to youtube feature check it out its free to upgrade
thats what i was gonna say its windows live movie maker.
its better than the original but lacks some options of the original