RCU Forums

RCU Forums (http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Digital Video (DV) & Video Editing Software (http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/digital-video-dv-video-editing-software-353/)
-   -   Adobe Premiere Pro or Sony Vegas 6.0!!!!!! (http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/digital-video-dv-video-editing-software-353/3622827-adobe-premiere-pro-sony-vegas-6-0-a.html)

alxrymnd914 12-06-2005 01:05 AM

Adobe Premiere Pro or Sony Vegas 6.0!!!!!!

Which of the above for editing software. Price doesn't matter......

If it helps.....I already have Photoshop.

MinnFlyer 12-06-2005 09:03 AM

RE: Adobe Premiere Pro or Sony Vegas 6.0!!!!!!

Well, I use Preimere and I like it very much. I never used Sony, so I really can't compare them

experimental_pilot 12-28-2005 06:19 PM

Sony Vegas 6.0c all the way!

bdavison 12-31-2005 09:47 AM

My vote is for Adobe Premier. It rocks. Extremely hardcore video editing, and when combined with Adobe After Effects, it makes for one incredible program.

xilix 02-02-2006 09:21 PM

I've been an editor for over 7 years now and I'd have to say Vegas Video wins hands down. It is the most versatile editing solution you can buy for the money. Premier is a great program, but when it comes to work flow, you just can't beat Vegas. It can do anything other editors do, but it's approach just makes more sense, and the application itself is much more stable than anything out there.

Sky High 02-06-2006 07:44 PM

I am a power user of Premiere too and it can do some amazing things for the money. Here's a great place to learn about Premiere, Vegas and much more! :D

DV Info Net- Post Production
www.dvinfo.net/conf/forumdisplay.php?f=11

tvguy 05-09-2006 10:58 PM

I work in television, and have editted for years now. On the pro side for premiere, all adobe product interact with each other very well, but I tend to lean towards Sony's Vegas video. I find it to be much friendlier, and still maintains all the features one might need for most projects.

speleopower 06-17-2006 02:26 AM

Vegas 6+DVD for sure. I've been editing with various versions of this software since 2000 when I picked up a copy of Sonic Foundry Video Factory. Vegas is hands down the easiest most powerful application out there for basic video editing. You don't need to be a full time professional editor to use many of the features. I'm an occasional user of Vegas and it's easy to work with. Plus I can't remember the last time the program crashed.

Scott

pulse213 06-19-2006 11:20 AM

Vegas was easy for me to learn,and I'm an old dog!:)

JasonS 06-28-2006 07:01 AM

I'm a professional editor too. Started back before non-linear was the thing, and was an early adopter when it made $ense.
I'm very happy with most computer based editing software compared to how we used to have to do it!
That being said, I've found Premiere Pro 1.5 to be very stable, relatively easy, and when you need to explore deeper it maintains its intuitiveness. Some of the "simpler" programs may be slightly easier for "simple" edits, but become a big PITA when you do anything beyond simple cuts and dissolves or need to manage large amounts of media. If you only need simple cuts and dissolves and short projects, you really don't need Premiere OR Vegas anyway. There are free programs that do that just fine.
I've yet to spend any extensive time with Vegas, but I can assure you that you can't really go wrong with Premiere Pro.