Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Draganfly Innovations Products
Reload this Page >

DraganFlyer IV by RCTOYS.com

Community
Search
Notices
Draganfly Innovations Products Discuss all the Draganfly Innovations Products in this forum

DraganFlyer IV by RCTOYS.com

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2004, 02:47 PM
fjrcrazed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DraganFlyer IV by RCTOYS.com

From what I have read its sounds harder to fly than my Raptor??? My real question is what is the Video Qty Like. I could not get rctoys to give me a firm answer. The said its not Studio qty but its not the 360 line cameras you sell on the web selling for $39.00. Im guessing 480 line?

thanks
Old 01-29-2004, 06:34 PM
Captain Pugwash

Default RE: DraganFlyer IV by RCTOYS.com

Its supposed to be half as hard to fly than a real RC heli. due to the fact it has 3 gyros to stabalize it.the camera looks V/Good quality check the videos @ www.draganfly.com
Old 02-04-2004, 01:50 PM
trey3670
My Feedback: (10)

first off the difficulty of flying is not something readily described,if you can fly a micro heli you can fly it,but it is harder to fly than a 30 sized heli,i have exp with it,its alot of fun as for the vid quality im not sure cant help there,but think of it like this the camera is transmitting its signal through the interferance of 4 brushed motors,i wouldnt think it would be great,plus the rotors are fragile,good in the fact that it keeps the damage down when you do go in,but they are 30$ plus 19$ for shipping to the states,any other questions email me ill answer
Old 02-11-2004, 10:36 PM
dragnaflyer

I've got one with the camera and I have about 100 hours on it. The heli is WAY easier to fly than anything else I own, WAY tougher than anything else I own, and as for the video, if you have an old analog camcorder, shoot some video and have a look at it....it's virtually the same quality.

This is the heli I learned on (without any help from anyone) and I had a stable hover within an hour. The gyros on all axis do what they are supposed to do; keep everything very stable and very forgiving. I use mine to shoot aerial video for a local realtor on new home listings, and I've recovered a considerable portion of my investment that way. It is VERY unconventional, and after you get over that, it is a VERY good flyer and an excellent video platform
Wayne
Old 03-02-2004, 06:56 PM
Pilatuspilot

Isnt that price for the helicopter a bit steep?
Old 03-02-2004, 07:26 PM
AeroRecon

Steep price? Maybe. Relative to what, though? Unpack it and in 30 minutes you are flying! Indoors! From your easy chair! Whenever you want! Can't beat it.
And it is one tough sucker! And the main cost is in the electronics. An amazing piece of work. Sure it looks simple but so does your car rolling down the road. But when you can appreciate what it is really doing, it's amazing. Crash it and break a foam rotor blade. That's about it. And unless its in many parts, just use Scotch tape to put the rotor back together and get back in the air! Are there any other helo blades you can do that with?
From all I can tell by the opinions voiced on this board, those that have them are having fun with them. What else matters!
--Allen
Old 04-12-2004, 10:41 PM
garygorf

I`ve been out of R/C for 30 years, and the DraganFly is dragging me back in, just when I thought I was out of it forever!

I should get it by next week and I`ll report back after I try it out.

Gary
Old 04-13-2004, 07:06 PM
bernardb
My Feedback: (2)

garygorf,

I have been building model aircraft for about 20 years....BUILDING them. I have NEVER actually successfully FLOWN any of my models over all those years....that is, until I saw and fell in love with the DraganFlyerIV. I got it, put it together, I practiced with the first battery pack by learning to control the DF while scooting on the ground, then I recharged the battery pack and have been HOVERING ever since! I have run 8 battery charges thru the machine so far and can comfortably hover for the entire battery charge if I so desire (I do heed DFI's suggestion about stopping every 5-7 minutes to let the motors cool off a bit). I practice in an area of about 10 x 10 feet in the office at my work. This thing is totally fantastic! I have not even dented a blade or broken anything on the DF. I had a couple of less than perfect landings but nothing at all serious. The price seems steep but if I look at all the time and money I have wasted in the past with failed attempts at R/C, then this is a bargain!

Let us know how it goes when you get your machine!

Bernard
Old 04-14-2004, 08:47 AM
Surftek516

Garygof,

When did you order yours? I ordered mine on Monday and they told me they were on backorder and should have inventory to ship within a week and a half. I did find out that they have about 150 on backorder to be shipped. I do know they get all the parts from different places and have to build the Draganflyers up one at a time and test fly them before they leave their warehouse. Maybe the hold up is due to the time it take to build and test fly each one. I cant wait to get mine.....I have been into RC cars and boats for years and never really was interested in flying. I bought an Aerobird Xtream 3 weeks ago and fell in love with flying the fist time I took the plane up. Since last Saturday I have had about 10 flights and that plane has made me look like an expert smooth take off's and landings. I hope Draganfly is telling the truth when they say mine should ship within a week and a half to two weeks. I cant wait....
Old 05-25-2004, 11:56 AM
ihaveatxt1wow

ORIGINAL: Pilatuspilot

Isnt that price for the helicopter a bit steep?
I am new to RC heli and was shocked by the $749 price tag ($899 with the video cam) at first. But then, I saw a few postings talking about spent hundreds of dollars on heli crash every year. I thought, there is no way I would have more fun from a couple of crashed $300 heli than a single durable flying machine.

After I ordered my DF IV I found out that included in $749 was a 4-channel Futaba TX, a Li-Po battery, and a charger. They alone worths $250, and can be used on other RC models even if I totalled my DF IV. Therefore it means that the heli itself costs less than $500. Crashing once, and your ownership cost of any other helicopter will be more expensive than DF IV. I crashed my DF IV a dozen of time and only costed me a couple of blades and screws. Ordered a new set of blades for $33 and I was flying again. That is why I do NOT think it is more expensive to fly than any other quality heli.