Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Draganfly Innovations Products
Reload this Page >

Draganflyer V Ti Pro Custom Camera Stabilizer / Isolators

Community
Search
Notices
Draganfly Innovations Products Discuss all the Draganfly Innovations Products in this forum

Draganflyer V Ti Pro Custom Camera Stabilizer / Isolators

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2005, 11:34 PM
Sky High

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Draganflyer V Ti Pro Custom Camera Stabilizer / Isolators

Draganflyer V Ti Pro Eyecam Mounts & Isolators

Camera Mount Vibration Isolation

After reading every post in this thread and seeing all attempts to dampen camera vibration, I never saw anyone do or mention placing soft but firm weatherstripping foam in either or both ball joints of the Eyecam mounts. Neither 1videoman1 or David did this in addition to their very effective 3 stage/axis isolators. I have just done this recently and haven't had an opportunity to test it because of the weather. This texture of this foam looks like typical soft packing foam because of the flash but it is very firm but soft and spongy. If anyone tries this MAKE SURE to use that weatherstripping type foam that is soft and spongy but dense and firm and about 1/4" thick before it's compressed. The great thing about that particular kind is that it conforms so well when compressed and it has an adhesive side to help stick to the inside of the ball socket. You can find this stuff in rolls at Wal-Mart, Home Depot, Lowes, etc.. The other type that had a slight rough texture is too porous because of the larger cells and will compress to much and not provide the proper isolation. I'll be sure to post the results along with the video. [sm=thumbup.gif]

Relative Posts
www.rcuniverse.com/forum/fb.asp?m=3620894

www.rcuniverse.com/forum/fb.asp?m=3621037

www.rcuniverse.com/forum/fb.asp?m=3631914

www.rcuniverse.com/forum/fb.asp?m=3633912

David's Isolator
www.rcuniverse.com/forum/fb.asp?m=3330110

Maybe if formostin used this type of foam in the primary ball joint with his custom camera mount it might be the solution for his application.

formostin's composite camera mount
www.rcuniverse.com/forum/fb.asp?m=3411580
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf97591.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	80.4 KB
ID:	373497