Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Draganfly Innovations Products
Reload this Page >

New Draganflyer SAVS (with New Camera mount and blades) Check it out!

Community
Search
Notices
Draganfly Innovations Products Discuss all the Draganfly Innovations Products in this forum

New Draganflyer SAVS (with New Camera mount and blades) Check it out!

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2006, 09:40 PM
Phodel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Draganflyer SAVS (with New Camera mount and blades) Check it out!

I was surfing around the rctoys.com website and stumbled across a new Draganflyer!!

Well here it is finally.........the new Draganflyer SAVS (not sure about the acronym) arial camera platform. Check the picture out for a good look at the new camera mount with better blade isolation & stabilization as well as what looks to be some nicer thicker blades (wonder if they are Carbon Fiber?). Anyone have any other information? Please ellaborate!

Hopefully they will offer the camera mount as an upgrade to the Draganflyer V Ti Pro. I need that stabilizer! My videos suck!

Check the link below:

http://parts.rctoys.com/rc-toys-hobbies/Items/321099?#

Phodel
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Yw67819.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	36.3 KB
ID:	408345  
Old 02-14-2006, 10:15 PM
yvesOttawa

Default RE: New Draganflyer SAVS (with New Camera mount and blades) Check it out!

Hey everybody! Look it's a V Ti with PVC blades and a wad of foam for twice the price
Old 02-14-2006, 10:22 PM
Phodel

Default RE: New Draganflyer SAVS (with New Camera mount and blades) Check it out!

LOL!!! The price is ridiculous.............I agree! It better have GPS built on with programable destinations for that price!

Old 02-14-2006, 10:31 PM
poorjohn6

I guess some ONE might just pop for the extra $1000, but not this ONE.

John
Old 02-14-2006, 11:43 PM
Sky High

Yep, there it is. I didn't know they were going to post it on their site so soon. Now that it's been revealed I guess I can talk about it. That's what I've been testing for a while but mine is not that cosmetically refined looking because it is a prototype. That mount really does make a difference. It basically gives the camera neutral buoyancy in relation to the frame's movement. This new mount will also allow for pulling clear images from video like what I posted in the images thread because of the isolation from the frame. From what I hear, those blades are almost unbreakable because they have more of a plastic composition to make them stronger. I haven't used them yet. I've been using their CF blades which I prefer over anything so far. Another thing that you can't see in that image is that the battery is now attached on an outrigger from the tray to counterbalance the camera's weight. This helps to prevent having to trim the roll axis as much, if any, to compensate for the camera's weight. Another cool feature that you can't see is that the transmitter is integrated into the battery tray.

Images Using New Mount
www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_3845986/tm.htm
Old 02-15-2006, 12:19 AM
Phodel

Do you like the new setup Sky? Does it work well?

Phodel
Old 02-15-2006, 12:46 AM
Sky High

ORIGINAL: Phodel

LOL!!! The price is ridiculous.............I agree! It better have GPS built on with programable destinations for that price!
I'm not sure but I'll find out as soon as I can but I believe that price includes the helo system with transmitter, the new higher grade CCD camera, the camera isolation mount and a diversity receiver with dual antennas. All of this will be in a portable package for mobility.
Old 02-15-2006, 01:07 AM
Sky High

ORIGINAL: Phodel

Sky, can you post images of your camera rig?
It's the same thing but not as refined. I can't post images of it because DFI doesn't want images of something unfinished circulating.
Old 02-15-2006, 09:13 AM
phover

Ok, then here it is.

Looks good. It's just "maybe" a little bit on the expensive side, but it will depends of what they will include with the kit (as SkyHigh said, if they include what you think they will, may be it's sound fair).

Do someone knows if this Draganflyer SAVS model can lift more then 4 ounces?
And an idea of how much will be the upgrade if we already got a DF PRO TI?

A+
Mart
Old 02-15-2006, 10:53 AM
yvesOttawa

Hey Mart, where abouts are you in Québec?
Old 02-16-2006, 10:52 PM
Phodel

Looks like they have removed the link that I had listed above......too many inquiries I suppose!

Old 02-16-2006, 10:55 PM
Sky High

It still works for me right now.
Old 02-16-2006, 11:10 PM
Phodel

Actually they removed the link from the website that routes you too the link I posted above..........The link above does work but the way to that exact link via the warehouse portion of rctoys.com has been removed.

Old 02-16-2006, 11:41 PM
Sky High

Got it. So this one is the back door!
Old 02-19-2006, 11:46 AM
Phodel

I guess it is official! Check out rctoys.com website........they are now showing the SAV and a new Dual wing plane called the Tango as new Aerial photography platforms!

www.rctoys.com

Old 02-20-2006, 10:12 PM
Phodel

here is the direct link for more in depth information on the new DF SAV.

http://www.rctoys.com/tango-savs-popscipreview.html

Old 03-02-2006, 07:09 PM
laceycopter

Hi All
I'm new on here, My dad just Pre-ordered the SAVS for me today.
They said about 3 weeks till it is delivered..[&o].. I'll let ya know how it is when I get it.
Has anybody else order one yet??
Lacey
Old 03-03-2006, 12:52 PM
detroitdr

Yes I ordered one from Mike and he said 2-3 weeks as well. So in the mean time I also got a 5 ti df to pratice on. I should have it tomorrow.

Old 03-03-2006, 03:32 PM
yvesOttawa

ORIGINAL: laceycopter

Hi All
I'm new on here, My dad just Pre-ordered the SAVS for me today.
Hey how old are you? These are typically adult toys, didn't you mean your Dad ordered it for himself?
Old 03-03-2006, 03:59 PM
laceycopter

ORIGINAL: yvesOttawa

Hey how old are you? These are typically adult toys, didn't you mean your Dad ordered it for himself?
I'm not very old....But I've been flyin since I was 7 and heli's since I was 10... I want to start doing aerial video's and this looked like a good system for it.
I'm hoping someday I can turn it in to a business...and hey ya gotta start somewhere.
It looks like I'm going to need a portable dv recorder/player. Any idea's of what works would be helpful.
Thanx
Old 03-03-2006, 04:16 PM
Sky High

Flying since you were 7! Lucky dog! These young'uns are just spoiled rotten. Anyway, now that your dad has spent your college education on this helo, you have several options for recording the video depending on how portable you want to be. DFI offers an optional portable hard drive DVR for tapeless recording and no load time into a PC, then there is the option of recording to a DV camera that allows for analog IN recording or if not you'll need to get an adapter like in the thread below if it only allows firewire I/O recording and finally you can record into a VCR if you have a power cable long enough or an inverter in your car or truck.

AV/AP Hardware
www.rcuniverse.com/forum/fb.asp?m=3679069
Old 03-03-2006, 05:43 PM
laceycopter

Sky High,
Long extension cord...HA!
Thanx for the information...but I'm still confused...I can't find the recorder/play on the the DFI site. I was hoping that I could just get a dv (mini tape) or dvd (small disk) video camera and transfer it to my computer for editing later. Would this work, and if it would is there a camera that you've tried and would recommend?
And thank you for the help.
Old 03-03-2006, 06:07 PM
targit

Hi, I use my Canon MV750i ( DV camcorder ) to record from my DF , it has an analogue input and a good sized screen , it makes for a compact system when combined with the 2.4GHz Rx and I can easily transfer/edit the video via the firewire port
Learning to fly well enough to produce video that doesn't look like it was shot on a roller coaster is another matter though :P
Old 03-03-2006, 08:24 PM
laceycopter

Thanx Targit,
that is what i needed to know...I can't find that model here but I looked up the spec's and found one like it.
thanx for the help everybody.
Lacey
Old 03-04-2006, 08:44 AM
Sky High

ORIGINAL: laceycopter

Sky High,
Long extension cord...HA!
Thanx for the information...but I'm still confused...I can't find the recorder/play on the the DFI site. I was hoping that I could just get a dv (mini tape) or dvd (small disk) video camera and transfer it to my computer for editing later. Would this work, and if it would is there a camera that you've tried and would recommend? And thank you for the help.
For light portability you're going to need either the DVR hard drive or a mini DV/DVD disc type camera like you mentioned. I use a Canon XL-1 but that is way overkill but it's what I use for my work. Any DV camera or recording deck with the ability to record analog (RCA/BNC) IN will work just fine, just as Targit mentioned. If you don't have or can't get a camera that accepts analog IN, but only 1394 firewire, then you will need some type of media converter like the one in the link that I provided above. I have to use that converter right now just because my camera doesn't allow for analog IN but it's later model does. That's how it usually works, you buy something and then they upgrade it afterwards. The downside to using that converter is that it requires 5v for power and means that you will need to be near an AC outlet, use an inverter in your car or truck like I do or adapt a battery pack like a Lipo or NiCd to 5v to go portable. The inverter simply plugs into your cigarette lighter and you turn it on and plug in your device like you would at the house. I'm going to see about gettting a Lipo pack to power that converter to go totally portable at least until I get a recording device that accepts analog IN. Right now I just record the video to the camera and then load it into my PC for editing and processing for the internet and that's it. I could use that media converter to go directly into my laptop via 1394 Firewire and save the step of loading. I plan to record to a much smaller DV camera, portable DV deck or hard drive soon because I don't like being tethered to my truck for power all the time.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Qo40020.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	73.2 KB
ID:	419861   Click image for larger version

Name:	Je10044.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	110.2 KB
ID:	419862  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.