Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Draganfly Innovations Products
Reload this Page >

DF on Discovery Channel

Community
Search
Notices
Draganfly Innovations Products Discuss all the Draganfly Innovations Products in this forum

DF on Discovery Channel

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2006, 09:17 AM
Hunter850
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DF on Discovery Channel

I was watching Discovery Channel Daily Planet last night and they had a five min spot on the Draganflyer. It was an interesting segment showing the new camera mode as well as the DF using red blades. A small interview with Zenon and a bit of indoor flying that was unreal. But then again if you own the company you better be good at flying. The flying and video were both excellent of course.

They also were flying outside with the wind chill at -43 C and all worked perfectly, at least after the editing for the show. Watching them fly is amazing because I still am a lot more cautious when I fly. But then again my mistakes cost a lot more.

Go here http://www.exn.ca/dailyplanet/ to watch the video

"scroll down to I spy with my little helicopter"

Kevin
Old 02-24-2006, 09:40 AM
Sky High

Default RE: DF on Discovery Channel

Thanks for posting that video link. You're right, he did some fancy flying inside those confined spaces and with no Ti. [X(]I just wish that video wasn't so compressed. [:@]
Old 02-24-2006, 05:57 PM
Koop

I must agree, that was some very fancy indoor flying. As for the red rotors on the DF they happen to be the new design. Once they are released they are going to be black, but various colors may be offered in the future. I was talking with Mike at RCToys and I mentioned the Tango and believe it or not but a full set up will be in the neighborhood of $20,000. So cash in your child's college fund and sell a kidney and your ready to go.

Koop
Old 03-04-2006, 04:58 PM
Sky High

Well, they changed that link to an archived one. Here is the new link along with the direct link to the video.

www.exn.ca/dailyplanet/view.asp?date=2/23/2006

Direct Video Link
http://www.exn.ca/news/video/exn2006...helicopter.asx