Community
Search
Notices
Draganfly Innovations Products Discuss all the Draganfly Innovations Products in this forum

Draganfly Chat

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2006, 03:44 PM
poorjohn6

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Draganfly Chat

My guess is that it is a DF with sharpened CF blades sent to Iraq.

Old 03-02-2006, 08:26 PM
Phodel

As I understand it ZD of rctoys.com has been trying to pitch some of his stuff world wide to the military and police as an autonomous surveillance and reconnoissance platform (like www.microdrones.com ). I guess that is why the DF SAVS and the Talon has come on the scene and is so expensive. More power to you ZD!
Old 03-03-2006, 04:06 PM
coptercaper

Any store their DF in a protective case? I was thinking of getting a very small suitcase and put foam padding in it.
Old 03-03-2006, 08:50 PM
yvesOttawa

ORIGINAL: Phodel

...as an autonomous surveillance and reconnoissance platform (like www.microdrones.com ). I guess that is why the DF SAVS and the Talon has come on the scene and is so expensive.
If that Talon plane is $20,000, I can't imagine something amazing like the microdrone with brushless motors and programmable waypoints will be. Probably 30-40Gs

It'll only be in the hands of military for sure.
Old 03-03-2006, 08:59 PM
scottslc

I've looked for a protective travel case. I havent seen anything I like. Anyone else?
Old 03-03-2006, 11:41 PM
Koop

Scott,
Check out Pelican.com I've been looking at purchasing the 1600 series, but I haven't yet due to cost :-( I will buy one eventually though.

The dimensions are:
INSIDE 21-3/4" x 16-13/16" x 7-7/8"
OUTSIDE 24-1/4" x 19-7/16" x 8-11/16"

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Id96307.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	16.0 KB
ID:	419658  
Attached Images  
Old 03-07-2006, 12:51 PM
coptercaper

If anyone is interested in NEW DF parts, check out these auctions:

Original DF Propeller Set: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MESE%3AIT&rd=1

Orginal DF Camera Mount Kit:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MESE%3AIT&rd=1
Old 03-08-2006, 01:43 PM
adwb

Greetings from merry and damp and b***** cold England, do you think a DF TI will lift a payload of 138 grams / 4.8 oz this being a camera attached to the DF camera arm?
regards,
Adwb
Old 03-09-2006, 05:16 AM
targit

Hello from suny Perth :P the payload for the VTI is 1oz as far as i know, I installed a slightly heavier LiPo battery (no scales at the moment) and it effects the handlng quite a lot, I would guess all that extra weight would make flyng a nightmare even if you got it off the ground.
Old 03-09-2006, 11:12 PM
scottslc

Hmmm I thought it was rated at 4 oz. The camera mount im using is at least that. A heavy payload does cut the flight time (batteries) along with how it handles.

Scott
Old 03-10-2006, 01:39 AM
adwb

yes I thought the DF web site stated oz but I can't see it now, don't know which page I found it on,
Scottsic what camera are you using and what is it'e weight
regards
adwb
Old 03-10-2006, 08:27 AM
phover

adwb: You'll find this info on their site at the DF product page when you click on the "More Info" link in the blue section.

How much weight can the Draganflyer carry?
The load carrying capacity depends upon factors such as altitude above sea level, the battery weight, how well the blades have been sanded, etc, but a fine tuned Draganflyer at sea level on a charged battery can fly with four ounces of payload.
I crash in the snow yesterday [&:]. The vertical board has bend, 2 motors were filled of snow and now it seem's that they "jam" randomly when I fly. Or maybe it's the gyros. I now have some rapid tilt/roll movements that make the DF difficult to stabilize. Reason of all this? I have attached a 3oz load to the the DF for testing it's capacity... []

Mart
Old 03-10-2006, 11:44 AM
coptercaper

Anyone used the FMS Draganflyer Simulator? :

http://parts.rctoys.com/rc-toys-hobbies/Items/320517%20-%20(S)

I've flown both DF models, but they don't feel realistic, way too easy when compared to real life flight. Anyone know where I can get my hands on a more realistic DF model for the FMS simulator?
Old 03-21-2006, 12:24 AM
intrim

battletested com is going to be s site that is going to cater to security,police, anti terrorism units. the systems offered are sopposed to be battletested" and work under harsher contitions. kinda like MIL specs
Old 03-21-2006, 01:09 AM
TheHindmost

My FMS lets me fly the thing inverted...so yeah, count me in for a better DF model for FMS, too!

Will
Old 03-29-2006, 08:39 AM
coptercaper

Anyone know how to set up polls on this forum, where any member can vote on topics? This would be very interesting, not to mention a great source of product feedback for DFI.
Old 04-03-2006, 02:46 AM
JayBeyer

Hello All;

I've been lurking around reading all the posts and trying to learn from everyones expieriences. Great forums and DF community. I think I originally purchased a lemon. I have been through all 3 gyro's. Thanks to Mike at Spectrolutions and Mike at DF I have been able to get things working right. Although shipping to Iraq isn't a quick process and the down time is driving me crazy[:@]. Anyone else had a problem like this? My bigest problems now appear to be frame strikes, although the new blades don't break the flight charateristics while the blade is hitting the frame are not so great. I was wondering if anyone had tried the idea in the photo? Thanks
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Db85937.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	69.8 KB
ID:	438077  
Old 04-03-2006, 10:12 AM
TheHindmost

Interesting method! How did you mount the motor in the lower holder?

I tried 1/8" nylon standoffs, but still got strikes with the old foam props. But with the new blades from DFI, I'm not using any standoffs and have not had any frame strikes yet. (But I also don't have that much time on the new props yet.) So you're still getting strikes with the new blades?

Will
Old 04-03-2006, 10:36 AM
JayBeyer

Will;

I have not attempted flight like this yet. Right now the lower holder is just pressure fit. It's a very snug fit actually I was toying with the idea of a couple of drops of super glue but not sure I Need it at all. I wanted to find out if anyone else had attempted it yet. I have some 1/8 stand offs that I got with some carbon fiber blades I purchased.

I guess the bottom line is that yes I'm still getting blade strikes with the new blades I have even used stand offs with the new blades and still frame strikes. Don't get me wrong I'm not gentle with this thing I fly it pretty hard. I may be doing something wrong, because others are saying they are not getting blade strikes.

Jay
Old 04-03-2006, 10:43 AM
coptercaper

Same here. I have flown with several different blades types. I have found that nearly all will strike under certain conditions such as cross winds or acrobatic manuevers. Spacers are a must for any DF pilot and help for sure. My 2cents worth.

ORIGINAL: JayBeyer

Will;

I have not attempted flight like this yet. Right now the lower holder is just pressure fit. It's a very snug fit actually I was toying with the idea of a couple of drops of super glue but not sure I Need it at all. I wanted to find out if anyone else had attempted it yet. I have some 1/8 stand offs that I got with some carbon fiber blades I purchased.

I guess the bottom line is that yes I'm still getting blade strikes with the new blades I have even used stand offs with the new blades and still frame strikes. Don't get me wrong I'm not gentle with this thing I fly it pretty hard. I may be doing something wrong, because others are saying they are not getting blade strikes.

Jay
Old 04-04-2006, 06:45 PM
coptercaper

Hi Everyone,

I started a Draganflyer poll: http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_4124242/tm.htm . Feel free to have a look and check all that apply.
Old 04-04-2006, 08:13 PM
TheHindmost

ORIGINAL: JayBeyer

I have not attempted flight like this yet. Right now the lower holder is just pressure fit.
Well, unless it's really snug, it might have problems if you don't secure it. Under flight, the lift from the rotors is going to be doing it's best to pull that motor out of its mount. But with the bottom secured (super glue sounds good, but
rather permanent ), it looks like a good setup!

When I get more confidence with the DF, I'm going to try to induce frame strikes using the new plastic-injected rotors from DFI...I'll let you know if I succeed!

Will
Old 04-18-2006, 10:54 AM
coptercaper

Anyone know about the Draganflyer PEGASUS blades? Spectrolutions is selling them for $24.95. Link is below...

http://www.spectrolutions.com/Pegasus%20Blades.htm
Old 04-18-2006, 11:44 AM
TheHindmost

Those sound interesting, but I can't get the images on that page to load for some reason. I'm particularly interested in the airfoil shape.

Will
Old 04-18-2006, 12:12 PM
laceycopter

Those are the same blades that came with my SAVS.....But they cut them inhalf and use a CF plate to atach them together.(so the blades can fold and the DF can fit in the case)
The blades are very stronge and work well ....but they flex a lot... I covered mine in the packing tape like you guys were doing with the foam blade to make them a little stiffer....It seemed to work, I like the way it flies now and will continue to use them. I tried a set of CF blades and the DF is more responsive with them....But I find it has a much more stable hover with the new blades and that is what I need for shooting video.
Hope that helps.
Lacey

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.