Community
Search
Notices
Draganfly Innovations Products Discuss all the Draganfly Innovations Products in this forum

Draganfly Chat

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2006, 12:33 PM
TheHindmost

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Draganfly Chat

I found a different section of the Spectrolutions site which talks about "Pegasus" blades...As far as I can tell, they're the same as the new blades from DFI.

Will
Old 04-18-2006, 01:41 PM
laceycopter

Yep....I'm pretty sure it was Mike from Spectrolutions that said they are the same blades and we just cut them in half to use them as folding blades with the CF plates for the SAVS.
Lacey

This was from a post Phodel

I was talking to Mike at Spectrolutions.com about the new blades and he said he has them for sale at a reasonable price..........$24.95 (set of 4). Not bad compared to rctoys.com $43.95 (set of 6). A few dollars savings!

HINT:

The folding blades are the stock ones cut with a simple bridging spacer. Basically you could probably do it yourself and save the money! By the comments in most of the forums it seems that the folding ones do not perform as well..........would someone like to comment on that?

By the way the new blades are not Nylon Injected.......they are not even Nylon at all (per Mike).....he says that is a Typo on the rctoys.com website and should be removed. They are in fact Injected Molded but would not disclose the material (my guess is PVC plastic of some sort). Anyone know for sure? Just curious!

In addition, spectrolutions.com is also trying to sell out of the old style blades $9.95 (set of 4). WHILE THEY LAST!!

http://www.spectrolutions.com/store/draganflyer.htm

I hope this helps some of you who are in need of some relatively inexpensive blades!

Good Luck!

Phodel
Old 04-21-2006, 01:45 PM
laceycopter

ORIGINAL: coptercaper

Anyone know about the Draganflyer PEGASUS blades? Spectrolutions is selling them for $24.95. Link is below...

http://www.spectrolutions.com/Pegasus%20Blades.htm
I just got a set of these...they Are the same blades that I got with my SAVS, just those blades come cut in half with a CF bridge so they fold and the DF can fit in the case.(should have just come with a bigger case)
I didn't cut these blades I wanted to try them as one piece....well it is to windy (35-40mph winds) today but I did some flying inside.
I think they feel better this way...seems to hover with less throttle and to be very stable...I'll get outside and give them a workout as soon as I can.
I just have to take them off to get the DF in the case ....no big deal.
Lacey
P.S. I think Spectrolutions is one of the BEST companies we have ever dealt with I wish we could get ALL the DF parts from them.
They ship stuff Instantly...and there prices are good....Come on Mike stock all the DF parts...Please!!!!
Old 04-22-2006, 02:45 AM
intrim

hi all!

The wind has been blowing here in napa long enough for me to decide either go out and learn to deal with it or go fly my old heli. I found a nice spot where the wind blows from the west at a constant speed . The important thing is no gusts .well so far things are going well. my neighbor went with me and brought along his little weather station, I wanted to use the wind speed indicator on it. The wind speed was a constant 13-14 mph and I seem to have no problem keeping my DF in one spot. IM not sure you can call it a hover because its pitched at about 45 degree angle. What I found amazing was if I had to , I caud still pull forward through it even at a fast rate. I will tell you this since I can stand as close to it as I want since its" hovering" . It was a good oportunity to see how much the new black blades flex and they do pull right up like the old "PLAYSKOOL ones" but they are so much nicer. the tips are so thin ,when I first got them I didn't really know what to think of them ,there had been so much talk about them I was expecting them to be Godly I guess and I was a little dissapointed but I really cant speak badly of them now. It probably was difficult toying with flight characteristics vs safey to come up with something that DFI would want to sell and at thew same time not cut someones head off, so that being said it is a nice addition to the DF. one thing i have noticed is with the nylon screws, when im tightning them as you screw the down against the blade the top of the screw will turn color as it mates with the blade. so i thought it was tight enough but I think everyone should check the tightness twice as often because , I am finding anway that they loosen up easier as I was flying in this 45 degree position i started to hear a noise like when a weed whacker hits dry grass , a snapping shreading king of sound. At first I thought i must have cut some insects up but what happened was the blade became loose on one side just enought to let the blade lift up a tad and it was enough to actually make the blade tips fold over on themselves and fail. im hoping it was temp related because it was sunny and warm. i was only 3 feet off the ground so no damage but it could have been worse so check the tightness of the blades often. im considering switching to metal screws any thoughts?

mike
Old 04-22-2006, 12:38 PM
coptercaper

INTRIM:

Couple of thoughts on the metal screws...

I have tried the stock DFI nylon screws, brass (metal) and zinc (metal) screws. Each have their own strengths and weaknesses.

NYLON

+ Made of plastic, puts less wear and tear on the main gear thread
-- Very expensive for what they are
-- Weaker than metal screws, in that the heads tend to pop off and remainder is stuck in main gear = DF comes crashing to ground.

BRASS/ZINC
+ Very cheap, can be found at most hardware stores
+ Brass color looks neat when used with colored blades
+ Heads will not break off
+ Negligible weight difference from nylon screws
-- Brass Tarnishes quickly
-- May put more wear on plastic main gear threads

Personally, I like the Zinc screws. They are CHEAP, easy to find and very strong. Whichever you choose I HIGHLY recommend using Loctite 222 threadlocker, very cheap insurance. I have started a Poll on this topic:

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_41.../anchor/tm.htm

-COPTERCAPER OVER AND OUT.

ORIGINAL: intrim

hi all!

The wind has been blowing here in napa long enough for me to decide either go out and learn to deal with it or go fly my old heli. I found a nice spot where the wind blows from the west at a constant speed . The important thing is no gusts .well so far things are going well. my neighbor went with me and brought along his little weather station, I wanted to use the wind speed indicator on it. The wind speed was a constant 13-14 mph and I seem to have no problem keeping my DF in one spot. IM not sure you can call it a hover because its pitched at about 45 degree angle. What I found amazing was if I had to , I caud still pull forward through it even at a fast rate. I will tell you this since I can stand as close to it as I want since its" hovering" . It was a good oportunity to see how much the new black blades flex and they do pull right up like the old "PLAYSKOOL ones" but they are so much nicer. the tips are so thin ,when I first got them I didn't really know what to think of them ,there had been so much talk about them I was expecting them to be Godly I guess and I was a little dissapointed but I really cant speak badly of them now. It probably was difficult toying with flight characteristics vs safey to come up with something that DFI would want to sell and at thew same time not cut someones head off, so that being said it is a nice addition to the DF. one thing i have noticed is with the nylon screws, when im tightning them as you screw the down against the blade the top of the screw will turn color as it mates with the blade. so i thought it was tight enough but I think everyone should check the tightness twice as often because , I am finding anway that they loosen up easier as I was flying in this 45 degree position i started to hear a noise like when a weed whacker hits dry grass , a snapping shreading king of sound. At first I thought i must have cut some insects up but what happened was the blade became loose on one side just enought to let the blade lift up a tad and it was enough to actually make the blade tips fold over on themselves and fail. im hoping it was temp related because it was sunny and warm. i was only 3 feet off the ground so no damage but it could have been worse so check the tightness of the blades often. im considering switching to metal screws any thoughts?

mike