Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Draganfly Innovations Products
Reload this Page >

New DF rotors are almost here!!!

Community
Search
Notices
Draganfly Innovations Products Discuss all the Draganfly Innovations Products in this forum

New DF rotors are almost here!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2006, 06:05 PM
Koop

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New DF rotors are almost here!!!

To all,
Yeeeaaaaa!!! I can finally start talking about the new rotors that will be released soon, I will start off by saying that they are much better than the foam rotors and they can even put up a good fight with the CF ones too. I can't really say how I came across the new rotors, but when they are released I would most certainly recommend that you purchase a set. They are made from a synthetic plastic composite (a.k.a. plastic) but what I said earlier sounds much better. The are slightly longer than the foam rotors and the rotor design has been tweaked to create more lift and make it much more stable and agile. When I first tried the new rotors I flew without the Ti enabled to get the best possible feel for the new design. My first flight with the new rotors made it almost seem as if the Ti was actually enabled. What I mean by this is that it held a very stable and level hover with very little stick movement. When flying with the foam rotors or even the CF ones you wouldn't dare take your eyes of the DF when flying without Ti, but now a quick glance away from time to time doesn't hurt my wallet one bit. The handling characteristics have improved dramatically and make piloting the DF even more fun than it was before. The new design has even addressed the issue of the very dreaded frame strike. Only under very evasive maneuvering have I been able to make the new rotors strike the CF arms and since they are not made of dense foam they don't brake in flight. I could keep going on about the new rotors, but hopefully you get the point by now. I imagine that after you have read this you have that Tickle Me Elmo twitch and feel nothing but anticipation, which was exactly my intention and I apologize for making you feel like a kid waiting for Santa Claus.

Koop
Old 03-01-2006, 06:13 PM
poorjohn6

Default RE: New DF rotors are almost here!!!

What a great review - thank you.

Just one question; as the new rotors have more lift, what is the new payload?

John
Old 03-01-2006, 06:20 PM
littlewood954

I am in the uk using cf rotors just now. The standard ones break far too easily, i am always interested in increased performance. Where can I get these from?

I find the cf rotors are amazing, took some hefty impacts and the only damage is the nylon screws shear off!!!
Old 03-01-2006, 06:37 PM
Koop

PoorJohn6,
I'm not sure what the payload is, but when I have the camera attached I barely notice a difference in agility. I'm planning on getting some small weights to test out how the DF reacts to weight variations. But for now I'm not quite sure all I know is that these new rotors are a great design and enhance the flying characteristics that much more.

Littlewood954,
The rotors haven't been released just yet, but they are on there way and you will be able to purchase them through RCToys.

Koop
Old 03-23-2006, 07:15 PM
Koop

To All,
I was browsing the RcToys website and the new rotors are listed. Here's the link http://parts.rctoys.com/rc-toys-hobbies/Items/320100%20-%20(S)? Enjoy!!!!!
Old 03-23-2006, 07:32 PM
av8ersteve
My Feedback: (1)

I had to send my board into Spectro and they emailed me yesterday saying my board is fixed and they would be sending me a set of these new rotors for my troubles. These guys Rock!!! Can't wait to see how they perform. If you ever have a problem with your board, send it to them, their the ones that actually make the boards.
Old 03-23-2006, 08:37 PM
poorjohn6

Thanks Koop, I ordered some today.

Interesting point, RC lists them as Virtually Indestructible. So, why then do they send 6?

John
Old 03-23-2006, 09:31 PM
Koop

Av8ersteve,
You will be very pleased with the new rotor design. As for Spectrolutions they have the best customer service I have ever experienced. I have talked with Mike on many occasions and he always has something new and exciting to say about futher advancments for the DF. Anyway, happy flying!!!
Old 03-23-2006, 10:36 PM
TheHindmost

Just ordered them, can't wait! As for the six blades, that gives me a chance to mess up painting one or two of them.

Will
Old 03-24-2006, 04:13 AM
Hooch

I also notice they have lots of SAVS parts now available. Anyone, SKYHIGH? Hehe know if we can piece together the new camera mount and still use the Eyecam Extreme cam? Or will I need to contact them to find out?
Old 03-24-2006, 12:18 PM
Hooch

Well, just ordered mine, and for those that care. If you goto the RC Helicopter Parts, and select Draganfly Motors and Rotors, you have a choice to how many rotors you want. Anywhere from 6, all the way up to 40! INSANE! Anyways, I ordered 8 just so I had a full spare set, although I am like the other poster. I hope they stand up as they say and are virtually indestructible!