Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Draganfly Innovations Products
Reload this Page >

Video Stab Software IS needed... who uses what?

Community
Search
Notices
Draganfly Innovations Products Discuss all the Draganfly Innovations Products in this forum

Video Stab Software IS needed... who uses what?

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2007, 07:15 PM
Old Man Mike

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Video Stab Software IS needed... who uses what?

I tried the VirtualDub version 1.6.14 with Gunnar Thalin's Deshaker version 2.2 plugin (all free). It seems to work fairly well but there are so many parameters that I doubt I had an optimized setting. Can anyone on this list recommend some settings to use in the 1st and 2nd pass processing?

Mike
Old 06-02-2007, 07:51 PM
BB_DF

Mike,
In DFI's free Vdub download (to customers), there's a folder called "Manual", which has really good step-by-step directions for dummies like me. The PDF documents are install, deinterlace, deshake, crop&resize and levels&sharpen. That's a good place to start, then you can branch out later. The only change I made was to use WMV9 compression instead of the recommended Panasonic codec which didn't work on my system. It might be different on a Mac. I recommend downloading the version without examples. Call DFI for the password.

- Bruce
Old 06-03-2007, 06:15 PM
Old Man Mike

ORIGINAL: BB_DF

Mike,
In DFI's free Vdub download (to customers), there's a folder called "Manual", which has really good step-by-step directions for dummies like me. The PDF documents are install, deinterlace, deshake, crop&resize and levels&sharpen. That's a good place to start, then you can branch out later. The only change I made was to use WMV9 compression instead of the recommended Panasonic codec which didn't work on my system. It might be different on a Mac. I recommend downloading the version without examples. Call DFI for the password.

- Bruce
Thanks, I missed the Manual when I downloaded the package. However, it is out of date with the latest version of the Deshaker plugin. Also, I don't understand the 99 setting for zoom. That appears to be much too high. Anyway, it is a most intresting approach to smoothing out the video and I think a lot could be done to optimize beyond those initial settings. Of course, the first step is to get as stable as possible with the video mounting and operating mode. I'll have to return to the deshaker after completing that first step.

Mike