Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Draganfly Innovations Products
Reload this Page >

$Value on Receiver from Reputable Source

Community
Search
Notices
Draganfly Innovations Products Discuss all the Draganfly Innovations Products in this forum

$Value on Receiver from Reputable Source

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2006, 05:59 AM
intrim

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default $Value on Receiver from Reputable Source

I have had my Eyecam (not the extreme model) for about 2 months now. The receiver never worked when I first got my system. I didnt know right off because I really was not in a hurry to use it but when I did hook it all up it did not work. the transmitter works but the receiver never did get a green light on. So it went back to canada and a new one was being sent out. that was on 3/4/06 i sent it insured because if you add it up the system retails for around $400.00 dollars. and that is what i insured it for. in order to get something ins from the postal system i was told that the package had to weigh a minimun amount and the receiver weighs Zip and i was 2 ounces light.
first off let me say i think it weighs nothing because there probably isnt anything in it! so i went to the end of the line after being provided a larger box , it was getting late and the mailman said "put anything in there just get the weight up and were closing so I ran out in front of the post office because thats where all the free mag racks from all the realty businesses are, so I quickly grab one and run to get back in line. on the way back in im thinking Holy crap this mag feels like the bayarea yellow pages but i stuff it in and seal it up. the mailman says "thats pretty heavy now " well to find out it wont cost me anymore to send it because the price increase isnt for another pound and a half and I came right in under that so now I can insure it because this is expensive stuff and if it gets lost im the one who is out. now i say all this because this is the way DFY insists it get returned simply through postal mail and not ups or fed/ex because that would take more time and would cost them money through customs. so after all that it cost me $7.00 and its still going to take up to ten days. that sucks when you have people waiting to see this system running. I got my receiver back on 3/30/06 complete turnaround was 26 days . luckly for me I have a friend with a receiver which i borrowed. it seems to work fine but it does not have the 4 switches on it but beggers cannot be choosers i went and returned the receiver and just now have found this new one dosent work !!! I'm steaming over this and I realize I should have checked this junk out as soon as i got it back but i put it on the back burner since i was using the other one. i am not looking forward to doing this all over again because it is a royal pain in the ass. has anyone else had as much trouble as me. I really am spooked and think this receiver is a P.O.S. I am saving all the boxes i get knowing something is going back! feeling this way is a downer !! and i cannot afford to upgrade and if they cannot make the system i have now work, why would I want to purchase something even more expensive. you are probably wondering where the estimate from the reputable company is after all this. when I found the box ,I removed the yellow DHL sticker to put another customs label on and was surprised to find what DFY thinks the unit is worth i am attaching a scan of the label you read it and tell me what you think. for all i know it might be high[:@][:@][:@]

mike
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki19064.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	45.0 KB
ID:	443348