Community
Search
Notices
Draganfly Innovations Products Discuss all the Draganfly Innovations Products in this forum

Wobbles with my SAVS

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2006, 08:37 PM
Clement7

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wobbles with my SAVS

I went out early this morning to conduct an experiment with my SAVS and after flying it for a couple of minutes carrying 4 ounces of weight on it I decided that it was time to land... and what a hard landing that was! Luckily I didnt break anything, the fixed blades (yes I replaced the folding ones that came with the SAVS) were all intact, motor mounts were straight, everything looked OK.. then I tried flying it again and lo and behold it now wobbles during flight..

So I removed the 4 ounce payload and re-balanced the battery's position, again tried flying the SAVS and again, still wobbles inflight..

Still puzzled why it's still wobbling inflight, all those horror stories posted here started swimming around my mind, worn-out motors, having the board sent back to DFI /Spectrolutions for replair etc etc.. [X(]

So I removed the canopy and inspected the board and saw the problem! The circuit board was dislocated from the vertical risers. When I re-attached everything back and aligned the circuit board properly, my SAVS flew perfectly again!

So I guess since it was dislocated/misaligned, the gyros were going crazy trying to figure out the balance of the SAVS inflight, does causing the wobbles...

End of Story.

I hope this will be of help, especially to newbies out there like me trying to solve puzzling matters about their SAVS.

Again, it's all about balancing the battery placement and checking the circuit board's alignment and proper attachment to the vertical risers (the four legs) to solve the wobbling problem inflight.

Happy flying everyone!
Old 06-16-2006, 09:10 PM
laceycopter

Default RE: Wobbles with my SAVS

Clement7,
Glad you found your problem.
Yeah if the board comes loose the DF can't find level and does some weird things.
Old 06-17-2006, 12:24 AM
Sky High

I haven't experienced that yet. I have had a dislocated board but not while trying to fly. Uh, mine was in no condition to fly when my board got dislocated. Thanks for the info.
Old 06-21-2006, 06:59 PM
Clement7

One more thing I discovered causing the wobbles and this was confirmed by DFI.. some LiPos that were released may have problems with keeping a constant rate of discharge. Workaround on this is apply more throttle / do a quick throttle up..

Since I have four LiPos, I just marked this problematic LiPo and reserved it for powering the receiver instead of using it for flying.

Wobbles may also occur (more pronounced) when Ti is enabled due to improper calibration.
Old 11-27-2006, 05:28 AM
roxyboby

hi! Clement7, This post is a bit old and I hope you will check this for my sake. You have mentioned that some lipols have a problem discharing properly and causes the df to wobble. I seem to have a similar problem but in my case the df seems not to recieve power for a fraction of a second and then suddenly picks up. I have also noticed some erratic behaviour when I try to hover the df. I basically only fly indoors. Just wanted to know the date of manufacture of the lipoly which the dfi has confirmed as problematic.

Thanks
Old 12-09-2006, 07:28 AM
Clement7

Hi roxyboby! Sorry for replying just now.. kindly refer to the new thread I started "Sudden Loss of Power Problem Solved!"...