Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Draganfly Innovations Products
Reload this Page >

Read the instructions! (sort of)

Community
Search
Notices
Draganfly Innovations Products Discuss all the Draganfly Innovations Products in this forum

Read the instructions! (sort of)

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2006, 05:26 AM
Dirk Schooner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Read the instructions! (sort of)

Went out yesterday evening when there was no wind at all and the sun was setting. For the first time I followed the 'correct' setup proceedure; Enable TI on transmitter, all trims at 0, Point DF away facing horizon pointing up, hold arm button for 3 seconds, place on level, stand in front 10'-15' and throttle down and right, the green lights blink alternately and it's ready to go.

Took off and flew around with no trim at all required, amazing! It was actually very difficult to get it to anything other than stay level, this with the transmitter on 'expert' mode. If I had turned the gyros up it surely must be the most stable and controllable flying machine in the world?

I can't believe how fantastic this machine is, a pleasure to fly and very clever, all my worries and concerns about rctoys are over, this product is fantastic, almost worth the money.

http://www.digithull.com/blackmill.3gp
Old 08-08-2006, 06:15 PM
Sky High

Default RE: Read the instructions! (sort of)

That sounds like my experience when I first flew it with perfect conditions too. It was so smooth and effortless. The best time to fly is really 2-3 hours before and after dark or early in the morning when the wind dies down plus you can see it in the sky better because it is a deeper blue. Wait until you have to fight some crosswinds though. [X(] How far away and how high did you take it during that flight?
Old 08-09-2006, 09:57 AM
KrisK_Ottawa

I agree with Sky High 110%! A few hours before dusk is the best time to fly! (especially for beginners)

I had immaculate flying conditions (for a newbie) last night as well. Not an ounce of wind and I had an amazing time. Took it up to around 100-150 feet (guesstimating of course) and had complete control. What an amazing feeling it is to dive down from that height and level her out with ease.
After a huge disappointment with my first purchase of the X-UFO and the very unstable flights and disappointing (4 min) battery times; I am completely happy (and amazed) with my DF V Ti! Worth every penny!

Again; Props to Sky High for his “Learning to Fly the Ti for beginners” post. I don’t think I could have had as much successes at this early point in my training without it. I would highly recommend it to all new DF owners!
Old 08-10-2006, 06:33 AM
Dirk Schooner

Don't know how high or far it went! lost ability at one point to tell what direction it was facing and had to land there. Flew up high but then it drifted slightly. I agree about best time to fly for beginners (like me) although I don't do mornings, so that's out. I also think that when close to the grond and a fair distance away the signal from transmiter gets lost and then the DF just lands itself, that's what it looked like to me. I will now study SkyHigh's training course, if I'd read it earlier it may have saved 2 vertical risers and a motor mount, now got foam pads on base and all 4 feet. Been too windy in UK past 2 days to fly, really can't wait to get out agian with it.
Old 08-10-2006, 11:48 AM
ElVela

Don't forget to protect the capacitors under the motors. They crack easily.
Old 08-20-2006, 07:16 PM
kg4izw

Hi all:
I just ordered my first Draganflyer last night and I am excited!!
There is a new type of landing gear out right now.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Draganflyer-Rcto...QQcmdZViewItem

Has anyone seen this type of landing gear before?
If so how well does it work?
It seems great, so I ordered a set this morning.
Old 08-24-2006, 10:02 AM
Dirk Schooner

That landing gear looks like a great idea, wish it was out 2 months ago. I will stick to the grass for now, I always find the grass very helpful for soft landings and general stress relief
Old 08-31-2006, 05:03 PM
intrim

Hello everyone

I have the wire sets on both of my Df's. It is a pain to install them because you have to unassemble the whole heli. But I have to say in my opinion it is money well spent. I can glide my DF in when the power is low and almost slide to a gentle stop. if you push the wires closer together the df will land on all 4 wires and still leave the vertical struts about 1/4 inch in the air. I think that it has protected me from the momentary loss of power when you bounce off the ground and curse profanitys. If you are a beginner and are just learning to hover it will provide you with alot of stability where you would have otherwise tipped over. with all the other junk we somehow amass during our trips to the field and store in other words money blown on something we saw and just had to have. If I had it to do all over again I would buy them in a heartbeat. I paid 20 for a set but had to have them shipped from down under. If you use them in combination with my heading orientation motor capacitor protector you will save alot of money

mike intrim