Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Draganfly Innovations Products
Reload this Page >

My Draganfly V Ti is on the Way!!

Community
Search
Notices
Draganfly Innovations Products Discuss all the Draganfly Innovations Products in this forum

My Draganfly V Ti is on the Way!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2006, 09:32 AM
XStroX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Draganfly V Ti is on the Way!!

Hi All,

This seems to be the best site around for Draganfly information so I figured I'd join in. I just ordered my Draganfly yesterday and sounds like it should be shipped out today. She said I should have it within 4 - 6 business days (I'm in Ohio). Seeing that I'm so new to this whole thing I've come across a few questions after looking over the board for a few hours every day the last week or so. First, I ordered the Draganfly V Ti with eyecam for a considerable discount from the website price. They are also throwing in free frame bracing and a double crash kit. I can't wait for it to get here. Here are some of the other questions I have though.

Does the Draganfly just come with one 1320 battery? If I purchase another battery, what is the best one to purchase these days?

Has it been determined if taping the rotor blades is worth it, or does the added strain on the motors make it not worth it?

What is the best route to go with NAV lighting? Should I do something that the onboard battery powers? or is there a good option out there that has its own power? I'd like to order something easy and cheap now so I have it when it gets here.

Thanks for any information you guys can give me. I've only flown one helicopter before and it was a small electric one off ebay. I don't think I would say I ever once flew it and actually had control of it. Hopefully this will be different.

Stro
Old 09-01-2006, 11:37 AM
XStroX

Default RE: My Draganfly V Ti is on the Way!!

Thought of some more questions.... Is the video quality even going to be worth using on the basic camera? Is it color? I see most users on this forum are using the better camera. And this thing comes with a video receiver right that has RCA outputs I'm assuming? Thanks

Stro
Old 09-01-2006, 02:42 PM
Sky High

I don't know if you have the CMOS or CCD Eyecam but either way that basic mount will have vibrations. The CCD camera will just have better quality vibrations.

Everything prior to the Staples lot in [link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_3675858/tm.htm]this thread[/link] was shot with the CMOS Eyecam system, YUCK! As you'll see, all of those issues went away with the new system.

The 1320 mAh pack is just fine but from what I've heard from DFI and laceycopter, the newer 2000 mAh packs provide longer flight times and better performance.

You should be getting the new nylon composite rotors which are virtually indestructable so there's no worries there.

Here is an [link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_3675950/tm.htm]informative thread[/link] about NAV lights but there's also others scattered throughout this forum's pages.

All of the video receivers do have RCA jacks.
Old 09-05-2006, 10:12 AM
XStroX

Well I have what ever camera comes with the basic package on their website I believe. I'm guessing that is the CCD. I would love to upgrade to the CMOS at some point in time when I get the money. Your CMOS videos look amazing compared to the CCD videos. I'm still waiting for my helicopter to arrive later this week hopefully.

With the regular camera, will it be possible to have the receiver indoors connected to a computer or VCR if I am going to be flying right outdoors of that building? Or do I have to purchase some kind of field unit that will record on the spot? Thanks

Stro
Old 09-05-2006, 04:14 PM
Sky High

I think you are confused about these cameras and have it totally backwards. Although CCD cameras are better cameras, there are some full size CMOS DV cameras that are of higher quality. The CMOS camera that I was speaking of IS the basic, low end DF camera and will give you the quality that is seen in all of the aerial video prior to the Staples video in [link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_3675858/tm.htm]this thread[/link]. There are plenty of other videos using that basic camera too but you'll have to hunt for them. The newer CCD camera is what you will want to upgrade to.

As far as your receiver being indoors? The basic system's receiver will have to be outside with a clear line of site. You can either run a 50'-100' video cable inside to the recording device and possilbly degrade the already not so good signal or just bring the recording device outside using a long power cord. The newer diversity receiver is seperate from the antennas so you could keep it indoors but then you would have to get two 50'-100' antenna cables with the special terminators. I have read about someone that used a receiver indoors with a custom exterior antenna. If you know how to do it and have all that extra time, get to it. The easiest way is to bring the recorder to the pad.
Old 09-06-2006, 10:09 AM
XStroX

Thanks for the response Sky High. I think I'll wait until I get my basic flying down before I even worry about the camera. I was going to just use my computer's TV card to record my flights but perhaps I will have to look into some kind of field recorder. It all depends on how much money I have available. Us college students are on a tight budget.

Stro
Old 09-07-2006, 02:28 PM
XStroX

My Draganfly was delivered today!!! It only took one week exactly from the date I placed my order until the date I received it. Seemed like pretty great service to me. I am leaving for Manhattan tonight and will be back Monday morning. I will hopefully have my first flight with it on Monday. I'm sure you all will be hearing a lot from me. This forum is just packed with information.

Stro
Old 09-11-2006, 03:25 PM
kg4izw

Did you get yours from RC Toys? And if so what kind of discount did you get and what did you say to get it? If you would rather send me a personal message with this info then I understand, but I am definately interested.
Old 09-13-2006, 04:27 PM
XStroX

kg4izw

I sent you a message with the information

Stro