Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Draganfly Innovations Products
Reload this Page >

Lost your DF? No you didn't!

Notices
Draganfly Innovations Products Discuss all the Draganfly Innovations Products in this forum

Lost your DF? No you didn't!

Old 10-25-2006, 01:33 AM
jodaboda

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lost your DF? No you didn't!

I just saw this on engadget and thought it was cool.

[link=http://www.loc8tor.com/product_information.asp?pid=35&cid=3]loc8tor[/link]

works on 2.5ghz to track up to 600 feet line-of-site. the gizmo only weighs some 5 grams, and can be tracked to within an inch.
Old 10-25-2006, 04:23 AM
cre8web

Default RE: Lost your DF? No you didn't!

good idea, i wonder though if it would interfere with the radio and camera on the df??
Old 10-26-2006, 02:40 PM
Sky High

ORIGINAL: cre8web

good idea, i wonder though if it would interfere with the radio and camera on the df??
Neato! That is cool. I've seen tracking devices for RC planes but they were not small enough for the DF. I was also wondering what effect this device may have with the DF electronics.
Old 11-05-2006, 09:53 AM
DJaye

I have lost one Heli, it got caught up in wind and I ummmed and aaaahhhed whether to cut power and let it drop, or try and fight against the wind and get it closer to me...... well, lets just say it kept drifting at 30m alt and I couldnt pin point where it came down. I did a pamphlet drop in the neighbourhood, but have never seen it since.

I was thinking of straping a micro mobilephone to one [:-] in the event it happened again to my new Heli, but this idea looks a lot better
Old 03-28-2007, 07:25 AM
highrider13

this unit really works! it is small and weighs about 1/4oz. it doesn't interfere with your radio either. I put one of the tags in my rocket too (tags cost $45 for two) now I don't lose anything plus it doesn't take long to find it. awesome.