Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Draganfly Innovations Products
Reload this Page >

Should I buy a SAVs? Experiences?

Community
Search
Notices
Draganfly Innovations Products Discuss all the Draganfly Innovations Products in this forum

Should I buy a SAVs? Experiences?

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2007, 02:22 PM
holyschmoley

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Should I buy a SAVs? Experiences?

So like a lot of folks, I'm thinking of starting a small side business to take aerial photos/video. I've got some experience with r/c helicopters but cannot fly them great yet. I also fly some r/c planes - all electric, but fast. I've tried a couple of cheapo cameras just to get my feet wet. Eventually I think I'll be able to go with a bigger/better r/c helicopter like a TREX or something that I can attach a good quality camera to. For now, I've thought about the Draganfly SAVS, but want to get some opinions from those w/ experience on them 1st before forking out $2500. Like I said, I can fly regular electric helis 'ok', which I think will help immensely in flying the draganfly a lot faster than someone starting out in this sort of thing.

Are they reliable?
Has anyone had good luck in taking quality video?

Anything else? Anyone who's tried these say absolutely GET one or DON'T get one?

Is $2500 from rctoys for the SAVS the only/best source?
Old 03-16-2007, 07:00 AM
SAVS

Default RE: Should I buy a SAVs? Experiences?

Read through this thread for most of your questions and then through the rest of them in the DFI forum. That should pretty much do it for ya'. This section of the forum would not exist if the DFI products did not do what they say. Let us know what you decide and why...Denny

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_51...mpage_5/tm.htm
Old 03-16-2007, 03:31 PM
holyschmoley

Default RE: Should I buy a SAVs? Experiences?

Thanks for the link. I've read through the entire thread. I'm still thinking about jumping in on a SAVs. I will only do it if i can at least make some money, and I think the easiest way is to charge $100-200 for real estate pics. I now have some concerns after reading the other thread, though - reliability, photo quality and what camera/mount will work, legality now. I'll keep up on that thread and post when I'm ready or have more specific questions.

Thanks again.