Notices
Draganfly Innovations Products Discuss all the Draganfly Innovations Products in this forum

Should I buy it?

Old 04-06-2007, 12:34 AM
cloudcuckooland

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Should I buy it?

Hi,

There's a DF V Ti Pro on ebay at the moment that I'm interested in, however, as it's no bargain, I want to be sure it will be up to my expectations. Can I have your opinions please?

The DF V Ti Pro on eBay, according to the DF comparison sheet, is for 'amateur aerial video'. Does this mean I would be disappointed with the quality of the film?

It also says that it does not have the 'eyecam'. What is the eyecam? Is that the kit that lets you view what the on-board camera is seeing?

Am I right in thinking that it is only the 'SAVS' DF's that stabilise the video shoot?

Is the DF V Ti Pro more of a toy than for serious use, and is the SAVS seen as a much more serious bit of kit for pro photographers?

Nearly there... (phew!)... I have been scanning the posts here for several days, and can't find anything conclusive about the 'best' way to fit what cameras to the DF, and other matters such as stabilising the pictures, or if you are better off fitting non-DF video cameras and still cameras to the DF. Any firm opinions on this?

Finally, as I want to get professional quality video AND photographs, would I be better off waiting for a SAVS to come up?

Sorry that I seem to have digressed somewhat.

Many thanks chaps!
Old 04-06-2007, 05:02 AM
flyingdutchie

Default RE: Should I buy it?

I think you'd be better off with the upcoming brushless x-ufo from Germany.
-It's closer and in the EU so easier/cheaper for shipping and parts,
-The BL X-ufo is supposed to be able to haul a lot more than what the DF is capable of (imho using a still cam on a df = looking for trouble)
-The price is more interesting compared to what you get ,a nice cnc'ed carbon sandwich or aluminium instead of a floppy cf rod+plastic crap frame.
Old 04-06-2007, 06:46 AM
cloudcuckooland

Thanks FD.

Have you a link to more information on the 'upcoming' x-ufo? As the searches I made came up with one that seems to have a flight duration of only five minutes, whereas the DF can go for 25, I understand.

I take your point about parts and pricing, however.

TB
Old 04-08-2007, 08:45 PM
Sky High

cloudcuckooland, the Eyecam is the camera system for the standard DF series & Ti Pro. There is a CMOS (VHS quality) camera and a low end receiver and then there's the higher end CCD camera with single or diversity (dual) antenna receivers. The standard mount for the Eyecam will show more high frequency vibration, etc.. Finally, there is the newest and most stable SAVS camera mount that isolates the camera from the frame by suspension.