Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Draganfly Innovations Products
Reload this Page >

How to reduce jerking produced by your HD motors

Community
Search
Notices
Draganfly Innovations Products Discuss all the Draganfly Innovations Products in this forum

How to reduce jerking produced by your HD motors

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2007, 09:20 AM
Nicoleto

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to reduce jerking produced by your HD motors

Hi everyone I have a radio that allow me to move the points of the throttle curve so what I did in order to reduce the jerking produced by the HD motors was to create a throttle curve as follows:

Stick position 0 2 20 40 60 80 100

Throttle % 0 25 32 49 66 83 100

There are other two ways of reducing jerking.

The first one is to create throttle curves for idle one and two above about throttle at 25% (where jerking disappear) so you initialize your DF in normal mode (idle off and linear throttle curve from 0 to 100), and fly it in idle one or two (Linear or any other type of throttle curves that go from 25 to 100).

The second one is by enabling throttle cut to initialize your DF and disabling it along with a linear throttle curve that goes from 25 to 100 instead of 0 to 100

Hope this helps

Regards
Nick
Old 04-25-2007, 03:05 PM
l8braker

Default RE: How to reduce jerking produced by your HD motors

So is there any advantage to the HD motors? If they jerk then I don't think I want them. Has anyone rebuilt the stock motors with a ball bearing case?
Old 04-25-2007, 05:43 PM
Sky High

ORIGINAL: l8braker

...If they jerk then I don't think I want them. ...
It takes about half throttle just to get them to move and when they do they don't slowly spin up like the standard motors. They suddenly jerk into motion. However, once they have spun up to get lift, they work fine. The same thing happens when you land but in reverse. I just don't like that rigid start and stop.
Old 04-25-2007, 08:14 PM
l8braker

oh man that would suck! I'll stick with my stock motors for now. Maybe I'll find out about ball bearing cans to help it out a little bit.