Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Draganfly Innovations Products
Reload this Page >

SERVICE AT DRAGANFLY INNOVATIONS SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Community
Search
Notices
Draganfly Innovations Products Discuss all the Draganfly Innovations Products in this forum

SERVICE AT DRAGANFLY INNOVATIONS SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2006, 02:16 AM
roxyboby

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SERVICE AT DRAGANFLY INNOVATIONS SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi everybody. last year had purchased a draganfly vti pro complete kit with eyecam extreme camera and all the other accessories. I have never flown the helicopter with the camera. About 3 months ago when I connected the camera back to the helicopter to check it out the camera seemed to have problems. Spoke to a couple of you on this form but then dicsovered some loose cable connections. Finally contacted Dfi and they gave me an RMA no. which they asked me to attach on the return. I did so and until now they have not recieved the return (could be a postal delay) it's been 3 months now. (I stay in Uganda, Africa). but when I contacted DFI and reported this to them, they asked me the RMA no. and when I gave them the No. SURPRISE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. This no. is for another part and not mine. Now how stupid can someone get as to be so neglegent with RMA numbers. They have even told me that they cannot help me anymore in this regard. So I can now say bye bye to my $ 400 something eyecam extreme.
Any suggestions would be highly appreciated.

a very broken down draganflier.
Old 05-14-2006, 05:59 PM
laceycopter

Default RE: SERVICE AT DRAGANFLY INNOVATIONS SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

roxybody,
First thing I would do is check with your original shipper and see if DFI even recieved it, if not I'm sure you insured it and just put in a claim for it. If they did recieve it and you should have the e-mails showing the RNA # they gave you I'm sure they will help you out. I would put trace on your shipment and see if it was lost First. If they never recieved it there isn't really anything they can do to help you. I don't like how long or how much DFI charges for shipping...But they have always been very nice and heplful on the phone and though e-mails.
If it really is lost and you need one I know Detroitdr from this group is selling an almost new one, probably for less then the repairs and shipping costs would be anyhow. If you want look it is here. http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_4230970/tm.htm
Well good luck and I hope you can track yours down.
Lacey
Old 05-15-2006, 01:46 AM
roxyboby

Thanks laceycopter. I know I should have actually checked with the shipper, but DFI wanted me to ship by Postal service and not DHL or any other courier. You know these guys are very funny. The reason is that if you ship via DHL they would incur a tax which they want to avoid. But when I asked them to do the same for some parts which I bought from them and avoid tax, they outrightly refused. Could this treatment be because I am not a customer from the US or Canada, Because I am from Africa. Anyway am going to check with the postal department and see what they have to say.
Thanks once again
Old 05-16-2006, 02:04 PM
detroitdr

Laceycopter,

Thx for the plug...

...and yes I still have it for sale if anyone is interested :>

Old 05-16-2006, 06:06 PM
nickruss

well I will second any bad reports of RCTOYS. I shipped an eyecam to them for repair 3 weeks ago and have not had a word out of them, despite chasing with 3 emails!

Who are Draganfly Innovations anyway? Are they just a PR front for the excellent development work done by Spectrolutions (whose name I note is writen on the circuit boards of my DF V)
Old 05-17-2006, 08:16 AM
netsmithuk

I had similar experiences with them - almost get the feeling its ran out of someones back bedroom between school. Response you get depends on how much home work they have that evening. I was trying to make some enquiries on how best to spend a whole wedge of cash with them and it was a painful as pulling teeth. Ask three questions, they answer one, badley after about 2 days. As the remaining questions, they just send a link (no explanation) to a completely unrelated page, again after several days and emails.

That said I think it must be something to do with heli suppliers, while waiting for feedback from them I came across precisionhelis.com and their palm size helicopter, looked fun so I started asking question, response was slow but not as bad as DF, but again still very poor service. I basically asked them to tell me exactly what I needed to get flying with on of these things. They eventually sent me a link to an item and said all I would need is a 35mhx TX. I paid immediately, they posted about a week later (again not responding to emails in between) and it eventually turned up.

First off it uses Lipo's with a very small connector on it - I then spend the next three days trying to find a suitable charger, eventually drawing a blank. I email them and they say "yeah, you probably can't get them over there - we have them in our shop though" Eventually I buy a normal one here and swap the connectors on it.

Charge my battery, only to find out that the RX takes UM1 Micro crystals - again rare as hens teeth over here (UK) I chase them about this and they say "Yeah, we have them in our shop"

They didn't respond when I asked which bit of "Tell me exactly what I need to get flying" they took as meaning "Tell me some of the bits but leave some really hard to find bits out"

By chance while looking through their shop for the extra bits I realise that the kit I had bought should have actually come with a charger - but mine didn't. Again lots of emails from me before they actually agree to send one. Funny they didn't mention it when I'd told them before I couldn't find a suitable charger in the shops.

Still waiting for last bits to turn up, after nearly a month.

Anyway enough of a rant.

Chris
Old 05-17-2006, 10:00 AM
Moe3754
Banned
My Feedback: (14)

RC Toy's is one of the reasons I sold mine and never looked back,they were totally a waste of time and I had no reason to mess with them.Every time I ordered something from them I ended up waiting for three weeks to get it from them.Also netsmithuk I purchased one of those little heli's from precisionhelis.com and again what a waste of good money,went almost blind trying to put the small thing together and then after that could never get it to fly at all finally sold it on E-bay to some Noob,let him worry about it.I am almost completely out of this hobby just one more to sell on E-bay this week and then it is good riddance to bad rubbish and I will not be sorry.Sorry for all the testiness but I have had my fill of bad customer support and junk for good money.[:@]
Old 05-21-2006, 06:13 PM
threedi

Here Here. Thats exactly why I sold mine also. Crap After Sales. None of them seem to have a clue about what they are selling. Good Bye RC Toys. Thanks for Nothing
Old 05-24-2006, 09:40 AM
netsmithuk

heres a typical follow up from PRecisionHelis, after not recommending everything I needed to buy, then not sending everything I did buy, they eventually agree to send the missing bits. That was over 10 days ago, so I email them again asking specific questions
- have they sent the items
- when they sent them
- what service they used
- if there was a tracking number.

Their reply came through this morning, this is it in its entirity...

"The products have been sent you will receive them soon. "

lol, what a joke.
Old 05-24-2006, 10:12 AM
draganfly.com
My Feedback: (40)

ORIGINAL: roxyboby

Hi everybody. last year had purchased a draganfly vti pro complete kit with eyecam extreme camera and all the other accessories. I have never flown the helicopter with the camera. About 3 months ago when I connected the camera back to the helicopter to check it out the camera seemed to have problems. Spoke to a couple of you on this form but then dicsovered some loose cable connections. Finally contacted Dfi and they gave me an RMA no. which they asked me to attach on the return. I did so and until now they have not recieved the return (could be a postal delay) it's been 3 months now. (I stay in Uganda, Africa). but when I contacted DFI and reported this to them, they asked me the RMA no. and when I gave them the No. SURPRISE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. This no. is for another part and not mine. Now how stupid can someone get as to be so neglegent with RMA numbers. They have even told me that they cannot help me anymore in this regard. So I can now say bye bye to my $ 400 something eyecam extreme.
Any suggestions would be highly appreciated.

a very broken down draganflier.
Hello RoxyBoby

I am sorry to hear about your bad experience I wish I had known about this earlier. I do have a question for you, do you know who you spoke with that said we can not help you, because I need to have a very very long talk with him/her.

Our RMA numbers are unique to each return and generated only when a return authorization is given, these numbers are not recycled. So it is possible that someone made a simple typo in the email sent to you, this is an honest mistake that everyone using a computer makes. Aside from an RMA number we are still able to track an authorized return simply by your name.

Please contact me directly and I will have this issue resolved for you.

Cory Baker

1-800-979-9794 ext 221
1-306-955-9907 ext 221
[email protected]
Draganfly Innovations
Old 05-24-2006, 10:35 AM
draganfly.com

ORIGINAL: nickruss

well I will second any bad reports of RCTOYS. I shipped an eyecam to them for repair 3 weeks ago and have not had a word out of them, despite chasing with 3 emails!

Who are Draganfly Innovations anyway? Are they just a PR front for the excellent development work done by Spectrolutions (whose name I note is writen on the circuit boards of my DF V)
Hello Nick

Yes, we are in partnership with Spectrolutions, however we are both seperate individual companies. We have our circuit boards and some of the Draganflyer parts built through Spectrolutions.

I beleive I spoke with you over the phone a couple of days ago regarding your returned eyecam, if there was anything left unresolved or if you have any more questions please contact me. Please attention any emails to myself.

Just a note to everyone on this forum, Draganfly Innovations has absolutely no affiliation with www.precisionheli.com. Also if you are having any problems with your Draganflyer please contact me directly, I can't help you if I don't know about the problem.

If you have any problem with any of the customer service at Draganfly Innovations please let me know who you were talking to and what the problem was, we do need direct feedback in order to improve and better help you.

Cory Baker
1-800-979-9794 ext 221
1-306-955-9907 ext 221
[email protected]
Draganfly Innovations
Old 05-24-2006, 10:49 AM
nickruss

Thanks Cory - your service has been good with shipping spares to the UK but this is the first repair I've had done and when I don't get replies to my emails it just makes one wonder how serious the supplier is or not.

I look forward to receiving the SAVS modified eyecam next week!

Nick
Old 05-24-2006, 12:23 PM
roxyboby

Thanks cory. At least someone cares. It is quiet expensive to call USA or canada from Uganda where I live. So I am posting the actual email conversation which I had with your representatives. I Have followed up with my post office and they have records that the package has indeed left Uganda. They have promised to get back to me in 2 weeks time after contacting the Canada Postal service. One thing still puzzles me though. I would have quiet easily sent the package by DHL. Why has draganfly innovations banned returns by DHL or by any other courier?? Just look at the problems a customer has to go through. Please find below the complete email conversation :

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have no idea what actually happened 2 months ago. Please call in and speak with Gary directly.
-Adam

---------- Original Message -----------
To: Draganfly Innovations <[email protected]>
Sent: Fri, 12 May 2006 13:18:30 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: info regarding eyecam extreme

> Hi adam Please find below what gary sent me and that's exactly what I have done. I am very disappointed.
> Roland.
>
> Hello,
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > I have put an RMA into our system for you to return you camera. Your RMA number is 656 and must be writen on the attached RMA label and attached to the returning package. You can ship back your complete camera system so that we can make sure that everything works before we ship it back to you. If your camera has only been used once to test the system, we should be able to repair it at no charge, but if it has been used, and damaged we will have to charge you a shop fee, as well as shipping back to you.
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > Regards,
> > > > > > > Gary
> > > > > > > --------------------------------
> > > > > > > Draganfly Innovations Inc
> > > > > > > 2108 St. George Avenue
> > > > > > > Saskatoon, SK Canada S7M-0K7
> > > > > > > http://www.rctoys.com
> > > > > > > Email: [email protected]
> > > > > > > Order Toll Free: 1-800-979-9794
> > > > > > > Int: 1-306-955-9907
> > > > > > > Fax: 1-306-955-9906
> > > > > > > Monday-Friday 7:30-6:00pm CST Saturday 10-4pm
> > > > > > > See our newest aerial videos from the Draganflyer TiPro here!
> > > > > > > http://www.rctoys.com/private/videos.html
> > > > > > > (In your replies, Please include all previous conversations)
>
> Draganfly Innovations <[email protected]> wrote: I spoke with Gary, and he has limited memory of the RMA and no memory of the returned product. We don't keep records of what happens with returned defective items. I can't offer you any information.
> -Adam
>
> ---------- Original Message -----------
> From: roland lobo <[email protected]>
> To: Draganfly Innovations <[email protected]>
> Sent: Fri, 12 May 2006 12:51:46 -0700 (PDT)
> Subject: Re: info regarding eyecam extreme
>
> > Well Adam. This looks like there has obviously been some confusion here. Please scroll down this mail a little bit until you get to Gary's conversation to me. In that he has very clearly written to me about the procedure I need to follow along with the RMA no 656. Now what do you want me to do. Whose mistake is it?? Please confirm from Gary.
> >
> > Rgds
> > Roland
> >
> > Draganfly Innovations <[email protected]> wrote: What Eyecam Extreme? This RMA is for a circuit board.
> > -Adam
> >
> > ---------- Original Message -----------
> > From: roland lobo <[email protected]>
> > To: Draganfly Innovations <[email protected]>
> > Sent: Fri, 12 May 2006 10:50:39 -0700 (PDT)
> > Subject: Re: info regarding eyecam extreme
> >
> > > hi adam. Sorry to keep disturbing you like this. But I would like to know what has happened to the eyecam extreme. Has it been repaired? if So has it been already shipped back to me? Kindly respond. Am dying to know, cause its nearly 3 months now.
> > >
> > > Rgds
> > > Roland
> > >
> > > Draganfly Innovations <[email protected]> wrote: Whoops. Actually, I meant March 24.
> > > -Adam
> > >
> > > ---------- Original Message -----------
> > > From: roland lobo <[email protected]>
> > > To: Draganfly Innovations <[email protected]>
> > > Sent: Fri, 12 May 2006 10:08:24 -0700 (PDT)
> > > Subject: Re: info regarding eyecam extreme
> > >
> > > > Hi Adam,
> > > > I guess you meant 24 April and not May. I hope you will let me know the status of the eyecam extreme after the problem has been diagnosed and repaired by your engineers.
> > > > Thanks a million.
> > > > Regards
> > > > Roland
> > > >
> > > > Draganfly Innovations <[email protected]> wrote: We received it on May 24.
> > > > -Adam
> > > >
> > > > ---------- Original Message -----------
> > > > From: roland lobo <[email protected]>
> > > > To: Draganfly Innovations <[email protected]>
> > > > Sent: Fri, 12 May 2006 00:10:38 -0700 (PDT)
> > > > Subject: Re: info regarding eyecam extreme
> > > >
> > > > > Hi Adam.
> > > > > Just curious to know as to when you recieved the returned package so that I would know as to how many days it actually takes for a package to get to canada.
> > > > > Regards
> > > > > Roland
> > > > >
> > > > > Draganfly Innovations <[email protected]> wrote: We did receive that return, Roland.
> > > > > -Adam
> > > > >
> > > > > ---------- Original Message -----------
> > > > > From: roland lobo <[email protected]>
> > > > > To: Draganfly Innovations <[email protected]>
> > > > > Sent: Thu, 11 May 2006 06:58:49 -0700 (PDT)
> > > > > Subject: Re: info regarding eyecam extreme
> > > > >
> > > > > > Thanks for your kind attention in this regard.
> > > > > > The RMA given to me was 656.
> > > > > > I was asked to put this number down on the Lable sent to me which I have done and sent the package to you more than a month ago.
> > > > > > Rgds
> > > > > > Roland
> > > > > >
> > > > > > Draganfly Innovations <[email protected]> wrote: Do you have an RMA number for this return?
> > > > > >
> > > > > > Adam Glatt
> > > > > > Draganfly Innovations
> > > > > >
> > > > > > ---------- Original Message -----------
> > > > > > From: roland lobo <[email protected]>
> > > > > > To: Draganfly Innovations <[email protected]>
> > > > > > Sent: Mon, 24 Apr 2006 10:52:09 -0700 (PDT)
> > > > > > Subject: Re: info regarding eyecam extreme
> > > > > >
> > > > > > > hi gary. This is Roland once again. I guess by now you should have recieved the eyecam extreme which I sent back for repair. It's been almost a month now. Please do let me know if you have recieved it or not.
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > Rgds
> > > > > > > Roland
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > Draganfly Innovations <[email protected]> wrote: Hello,
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > I have put an RMA into our system for you to return you camera. Your RMA number is 656 and must be writen on the attached RMA label and attached to the returning package. You can ship back your complete camera system so that we can make sure that everything works before we ship it back to you. If your camera has only been used once to test the system, we should be able to repair it at no charge, but if it has been used, and damaged we will have to charge you a shop fee, as well as shipping back to you.
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > Regards,
> > > > > > > Gary
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > ---------- Original Message -----------
> > > > > > > From: roland lobo <[email protected]>
> > > > > > > To: Draganfly Innovations <[email protected]>
> > > > > > > Sent: Tue, 14 Mar 2006 06:00:11 -0800 (PST)
> > > > > > > Subject: info regarding eyecam extreme
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > Hi! Gary. My order no is 28997.
> > > > > > > > Rgds
> > > > > > > > Lobo
> > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > Draganfly Innovations <[email protected]> wrote: Hello,
> > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > We will need your order number, we will then send you shipping information and an rma number. You should send the camera and transmitter, just so that we can make sure that it will work for you when you get it back.
> > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > Regards,
> > > > > > > > Gary
> > > > > > > > --------------------------------
> > > > > > > > Draganfly Innovations Inc
> > > > > > > > 2108 St. George Avenue
> > > > > > > > Saskatoon, SK Canada S7M-0K7
> > > > > > > > http://www.rctoys.com
> > > > > > > > Email: [email protected]
> > > > > > > > Order Toll Free: 1-800-979-9794
> > > > > > > > Int: 1-306-955-9907
> > > > > > > > Fax: 1-306-955-9906
> > > > > > > > Monday-Friday 7:30-6:00pm CST Saturday 10-4pm
> > > > > > > > See our newest aerial videos from the Draganflyer TiPro here!
> > > > > > > > http://www.rctoys.com/private/videos.html
> > > > > > > > (In your replies, Please include all previous conversations)
> > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > ---------- Original Message -----------
> > > > > > > > From: roland lobo <[email protected]>
> > > > > > > > To: Draganfly Innovations <[email protected]>
> > > > > > > > Sent: Mon, 13 Mar 2006 04:53:28 -0800 (PST)
> > > > > > > > Subject: info regarding eyecam extreme
> > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > Hi! Gary. Well So what's the way forward now. Do I send you the camera along with the Transmitter to be repaired?
> > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > rgds
> > > > > > > > > Roland
> > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > Draganfly Innovations <[email protected]> wrote: Hello,
> > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > It is difficult to do any rewireing to our camera harnesses, due to the size of the wires, and how they are all connected. I d o not think that we will be able to conect the camera directly to the transmitter, without having connecting to the helicopter first. Our RMA is just going to be the system we use to organize customer products that come back to us. We will need to get your order number, so we can send you some return information, and a number for our RMA system so we can track your package when it gets back to us.
> > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > Regards,
> > > > > > > > > Gary
> > > > > > > > > --------------------------------
> > > > > > > > > Draganfly Innovations Inc
> > > > > > > > > 2108 St. George Avenue
> > > > > > > > > Saskatoon, SK Canada S7M-0K7
> > > > > > > > > http://www.rctoys.com
> > > > > > > > > Email: [email protected]
> > > > > > > > > Order Toll Free: 1-800-979-9794
> > > > > > > > > Int: 1-306-955-9907
> > > > > > > > > Fax: 1-306-955-9906
> > > > > > > > > Monday-Friday 7:30-6:00pm CST Saturday 10-4pm
> > > > > > > > > See our newest aerial videos from the Draganflyer TiPro here!
> > > > > > > > > http://www.rctoys.com/private/videos.html
> > > > > > > > > (In your replies, Please include all previous conversations)
> > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > ---------- Original Message -----------
> > > > > > > > > From: roland lobo <[email protected]>
> > > > > > > > > To: Draganfly Innovations <[email protected]>
> > > > > > > > > Sent: Wed, 8 Mar 2006 23:40:36 -0800 (PST)
> > > > > > > > > Subject: info regarding eyecam extreme
> > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > > Hi Gary. I guess you will have to Issue me with an RMA (what does it stand for)? I guess it's b etter for you to tamper with it because you would know what the actual problem would be. Don't you think so?
> > > > > > > > > > While at it I I would also like to know if it's actually possible to leave a small piece of cable on the board so that when I have to connect or disconnect the transmitter cable from/to the camera, I don't have to do it from the board but rather from that cable. Do you think it's po ssible?
> > > > > > > > > > Thanks once again
> > > > > > > > > > Roland
> > > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > > Draganfly Innovations <[email protected]> wrote: Hello,
> > > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > > It sounds like there is a bad connection in the connector itself. You can try moving the pins in the connector on the bboa rd, to have a better connection. If this does not help, there might be a bad solder joint on one of the components in the power cabl e. It can also be a problem with the transmitter. If adjusting the conector pins does not help, ew will issue you an RMA to send the camera back to us so we can fix it.
> > > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > > Regards,
> > > > > > > > > > Gary
> > > > > > > > > > --------------------------------
> > > > > > > > > > Draganfly Innovations Inc
> > > > > > > > > > 2108 St. George Avenue
> > > > > > > > > > Saskatoon, SK Canada S7M-0K7
> > > > > > > > > > < A href=http://mail.yahoo.com/config/login?/"http://www.rctoys.com/"
> > > > > > > > > > Email: [email protected]
> > > > > > > > > > Order Toll Free: 1-800-979-9794
> > > > > > > > > > Int: 1-306-955-9907
> > > > > > > > > > Fax: 1-306-955-9906
> > > > > > > > > > Monday-Friday 7:30-6:00pm CST Saturday 10-4pm
> > > > > > > > > > See our newest aerial videos from the Draganflyer TiPro here!
> > > > > > > > > > http://www.rctoys.com/private/videos.html
> > > > > > > > > > (In your replies, Please include all previous conversations)
> > > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > > ---------- Original Message ----------- From: roland lobo <[email protected]>
> > > > > > > > > > To: Draganfly Innovations <[email protected]>
> > > > > > > > > > Sent: Wed, 8 Mar 2006 12:56:50 -0800 (PST)
> > > > > > > > > > Subject: Re: info regarding eyecam extreme
> > > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > > > hi Gary and thanks for your prompt response. When I move the cable the cable end which co nnects to the board is the one which moves. That's the end which I play around with for the image to appear on the screen. So what does that mean.
> > > > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > > > Rgds
> > > > > > > > > > > Roland
> > > > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > > > Draganfly Innovations <[email protected]> wrote: Hello, Roland
> > > > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > > > It sounds like there may be a weak solder joint somewhere in your wireing. When you move the wire, is it moving where the cable conec ts to the board, or just the transmitter? If you are getting break up when you move the conector at t he bottom of the board, it might be that the cable is getting a bad power connection.
> > > > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > > > Regards,
> > > > > > > > > > > Gary
> > > > > > > > > > > ; --------------------------------
> > > > > > > > > > > Draganfly Innova tions Inc
> > > > > > > > > > > 2108 St. George Avenue
> > > > > > > > > > > Saskatoon, SK Canada S7M-0K7
> > > > > > > > > > > http://www.rctoys.com
> > > > > > > > > > > Email: [email protected]
> > > > > > > > > > > Order Toll Free: 1-800-979-9794
> > > > > > > > > > > Int: 1-306-955-9907
> > > > > > > > > > > Fax: 1-306-955-9906
> > > > > > > > > > > Monday-Friday 7:30-6:00pm CST Saturday 10-4pm
> > > > > > > > > > > See our newest aerial videos from the Draganflyer TiPro here!
> > > > > > > > > > > http://www.rctoys.com/private/videos.html
> > > > > > > > > > > (In your replies, Please include all previous conversations)
> > > > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > > > ---------- Original Message -----------
> > > > > > > > > > > From: roland lobo <[email protected]>
> > > > > > > > > > > To: [email protected]
> > > > > > > > > > > Sent: Wed, 8 Mar 2006 06:28 :49 -0800 (PST)
> > > > > > > > > > > Subject: info regarding eyecam extreme
> > > > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > > > > Hi, My name is roland and I am proud owner of a draganfly VTI with eyecam extreme. Although I haven't flown the draganfly with the eyecam until now, I have used it to test the video.
> > > > > > > > > > > > All of a sudden I am facing a problem with the eyecam and the video flickers a lot until I hold the cable connecting the eyecam in a perticular angle. Looks like the problem is the camera cable. I need a solution to this problem. What solution can you offer me. I am looking at extending the cable a little bit so that there is room for placing the camera in different positions on the helicopter. I contacted a lot of people on rcuniverse website and everybody refers me to jeremy at draganfly.
> > > > > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > > > > Kind rgds
> > > > > > > > > > > > Roland
Old 05-25-2006, 11:48 AM
draganfly.com

ORIGINAL: roxyboby

Thanks cory. At least someone cares. It is quiet expensive to call USA or canada from Uganda where I live. So I am posting the actual email conversation which I had with your representatives. I Have followed up with my post office and they have records that the package has indeed left Uganda. They have promised to get back to me in 2 weeks time after contacting the Canada Postal service. One thing still puzzles me though. I would have quiet easily sent the package by DHL. Why has draganfly innovations banned returns by DHL or by any other courier?? Just look at the problems a customer has to go through. Please find below the complete email conversation :

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have no idea what actually happened 2 months ago. Please call in and speak with Gary directly.
-Adam

---------- Original Message -----------
To: Draganfly Innovations <[email protected]>
Sent: Fri, 12 May 2006 13:18:30 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: info regarding eyecam extreme

> Hi adam Please find below what gary sent me and that's exactly what I have done. I am very disappointed.
> Roland.
>
> Hello,
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > Regards,
> > > > > > > Gary
>
> Draganfly Innovations <[email protected]> wrote: I spoke with Gary, and he has limited memory of the RMA and no memory of the returned product. We don't keep records of what happens with returned defective items. I can't offer you any information.
> -Adam
>
> ---------- Original Message -----------
> From: roland lobo <[email protected]>
> To: Draganfly Innovations <[email protected]>
> Sent: Fri, 12 May 2006 12:51:46 -0700 (PDT)
> Subject: Re: info regarding eyecam extreme
>
> > Well Adam. This looks like there has obviously been some confusion here. Please scroll down this mail a little bit until you get to Gary's conversation to me. In that he has very clearly written to me about the procedure I need to follow along with the RMA no 656. Now what do you want me to do. Whose mistake is it?? Please confirm from Gary.
> >
> > Rgds
> > Roland
> >
> > Draganfly Innovations <[email protected]> wrote: What Eyecam Extreme? This RMA is for a circuit board.
> > -Adam
> >
> > ---------- Original Message -----------
> > From: roland lobo <[email protected]>
> > To: Draganfly Innovations <[email protected]>
> > Sent: Fri, 12 May 2006 10:50:39 -0700 (PDT)
> > Subject: Re: info regarding eyecam extreme
> >
> > > hi adam. Sorry to keep disturbing you like this. But I would like to know what has happened to the eyecam extreme. Has it been repaired? if So has it been already shipped back to me? Kindly respond. Am dying to know, cause its nearly 3 months now.
> > >
> > > Rgds
> > > Roland
> > >
> > > Draganfly Innovations <[email protected]> wrote: Whoops. Actually, I meant March 24.
> > > -Adam
> > >
> > > ---------- Original Message -----------
> > > From: roland lobo <[email protected]>
> > > To: Draganfly Innovations <[email protected]>
> > > Sent: Fri, 12 May 2006 10:08:24 -0700 (PDT)
> > > Subject: Re: info regarding eyecam extreme
> > >
> > > > Hi Adam,
> > > > I guess you meant 24 April and not May. I hope you will let me know the status of the eyecam extreme after the problem has been diagnosed and repaired by your engineers.
> > > > Thanks a million.
> > > > Regards
> > > > Roland
> > > >
> > > > Draganfly Innovations <[email protected]> wrote: We received it on May 24.
> > > > -Adam
> > > >
> > > > ---------- Original Message -----------
> > > > From: roland lobo <[email protected]>
> > > > To: Draganfly Innovations <[email protected]>
> > > > Sent: Fri, 12 May 2006 00:10:38 -0700 (PDT)
> > > > Subject: Re: info regarding eyecam extreme
> > > >
> > > > > Hi Adam.
> > > > > Just curious to know as to when you recieved the returned package so that I would know as to how many days it actually takes for a package to get to canada.
> > > > > Regards
> > > > > Roland
> > > > >
> > > > > Draganfly Innovations <[email protected]> wrote: We did receive that return, Roland.
> > > > > -Adam
> > > > >
> > > > > ---------- Original Message -----------
> > > > > From: roland lobo <[email protected]>
> > > > > To: Draganfly Innovations <[email protected]>
> > > > > Sent: Thu, 11 May 2006 06:58:49 -0700 (PDT)
> > > > > Subject: Re: info regarding eyecam extreme
> > > > >
> > > > > > Thanks for your kind attention in this regard.
> > > > > > The RMA given to me was 656.
> > > > > > I was asked to put this number down on the Lable sent to me which I have done and sent the package to you more than a month ago.
> > > > > > Rgds
> > > > > > Roland
> > > > > >
> > > > > > Draganfly Innovations <[email protected]> wrote: Do you have an RMA number for this return?
> > > > > >
> > > > > > Adam Glatt
> > > > > > Draganfly Innovations
> > > > > >
> > > > > > ---------- Original Message -----------
> > > > > > From: roland lobo <[email protected]>
> > > > > > To: Draganfly Innovations <[email protected]>
> > > > > > Sent: Mon, 24 Apr 2006 10:52:09 -0700 (PDT)
> > > > > > Subject: Re: info regarding eyecam extreme
> > > > > >
> > > > > > > hi gary. This is Roland once again. I guess by now you should have recieved the eyecam extreme which I sent back for repair. It's been almost a month now. Please do let me know if you have recieved it or not.
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > Rgds
> > > > > > > Roland
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > Draganfly Innovations <[email protected]> wrote: Hello,
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > Regards,
> > > > > > > Gary
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > ---------- Original Message -----------
> > > > > > > From: roland lobo <[email protected]>
> > > > > > > To: Draganfly Innovations <[email protected]>
> > > > > > > Sent: Tue, 14 Mar 2006 06:00:11 -0800 (PST)
> > > > > > > Subject: info regarding eyecam extreme
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > Hi! Gary. My order no is 28997.
> > > > > > > > Rgds
> > > > > > > > Lobo
> > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > Draganfly Innovations <[email protected]> wrote: Hello,
> > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > We will need your order number, we will then send you shipping information and an rma number. You should send the camera and transmitter, just so that we can make sure that it will work for you when you get it back.
> > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > Regards,
> > > > > > > > Gary
> > > > > > > > --------------------------------
> > > > > > > > Draganfly Innovations Inc
> > > > > > > > 2108 St. George Avenue
> > > > > > > > Saskatoon, SK Canada S7M-0K7
> > > > > > > > http://www.rctoys.com
> > > > > > > > Email: [email protected]
> > > > > > > > Order Toll Free: 1-800-979-9794
> > > > > > > > Int: 1-306-955-9907
> > > > > > > > Fax: 1-306-955-9906
> > > > > > > > Monday-Friday 7:30-6:00pm CST Saturday 10-4pm
> > > > > > > > See our newest aerial videos from the Draganflyer TiPro here!
> > > > > > > > http://www.rctoys.com/private/videos.html
> > > > > > > > (In your replies, Please include all previous conversations)
> > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > ---------- Original Message -----------
> > > > > > > > From: roland lobo <[email protected]>
> > > > > > > > To: Draganfly Innovations <[email protected]>
> > > > > > > > Sent: Mon, 13 Mar 2006 04:53:28 -0800 (PST)
> > > > > > > > Subject: info regarding eyecam extreme
> > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > Hi! Gary. Well So what's the way forward now. Do I send you the camera along with the Transmitter to be repaired?
> > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > rgds
> > > > > > > > > Roland
> > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > Draganfly Innovations <[email protected]> wrote: Hello,
> > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > It is difficult to do any rewireing to our camera harnesses, due to the size of the wires, and how they are all connected. I d o not think that we will be able to conect the camera directly to the transmitter, without having connecting to the helicopter first. Our RMA is just going to be the system we use to organize customer products that come back to us. We will need to get your order number, so we can send you some return information, and a number for our RMA system so we can track your package when it gets back to us.
> > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > Regards,
> > > > > > > > > Gary
> > > > > > > > > --------------------------------
> > > > > > > > > Draganfly Innovations Inc
> > > > > > > > > 2108 St. George Avenue
> > > > > > > > > Saskatoon, SK Canada S7M-0K7
> > > > > > > > > http://www.rctoys.com
> > > > > > > > > Email: [email protected]
> > > > > > > > > Order Toll Free: 1-800-979-9794
> > > > > > > > > Int: 1-306-955-9907
> > > > > > > > > Fax: 1-306-955-9906
> > > > > > > > > Monday-Friday 7:30-6:00pm CST Saturday 10-4pm
> > > > > > > > > See our newest aerial videos from the Draganflyer TiPro here!
> > > > > > > > > http://www.rctoys.com/private/videos.html
> > > > > > > > > (In your replies, Please include all previous conversations)
> > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > ---------- Original Message -----------
> > > > > > > > > From: roland lobo <[email protected]>
> > > > > > > > > To: Draganfly Innovations <[email protected]>
> > > > > > > > > Sent: Wed, 8 Mar 2006 23:40:36 -0800 (PST)
> > > > > > > > > Subject: info regarding eyecam extreme
> > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > > Hi Gary. I guess you will have to Issue me with an RMA (what does it stand for)? I guess it's b etter for you to tamper with it because you would know what the actual problem would be. Don't you think so?
> > > > > > > > > > While at it I I would also like to know if it's actually possible to leave a small piece of cable on the board so that when I have to connect or disconnect the transmitter cable from/to the camera, I don't have to do it from the board but rather from that cable. Do you think it's po ssible?
> > > > > > > > > > Thanks once again
> > > > > > > > > > Roland
> > > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > > Draganfly Innovations <[email protected]> wrote: Hello,
> > > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > > It sounds like there is a bad connection in the connector itself. You can try moving the pins in the connector on the bboa rd, to have a better connection. If this does not help, there might be a bad solder joint on one of the components in the power cabl e. It can also be a problem with the transmitter. If adjusting the conector pins does not help, ew will issue you an RMA to send the camera back to us so we can fix it.
> > > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > > Regards,
> > > > > > > > > > Gary
> > > > > > > > > > --------------------------------
> > > > > > > > > > Draganfly Innovations Inc
> > > > > > > > > > 2108 St. George Avenue
> > > > > > > > > > Saskatoon, SK Canada S7M-0K7
> > > > > > > > > > < A href=http://mail.yahoo.com/config/login?/"http://www.rctoys.com/"
> > > > > > > > > > Email: [email protected]
> > > > > > > > > > Order Toll Free: 1-800-979-9794
> > > > > > > > > > Int: 1-306-955-9907
> > > > > > > > > > Fax: 1-306-955-9906
> > > > > > > > > > Monday-Friday 7:30-6:00pm CST Saturday 10-4pm
> > > > > > > > > > See our newest aerial videos from the Draganflyer TiPro here!
> > > > > > > > > > http://www.rctoys.com/private/videos.html
> > > > > > > > > > (In your replies, Please include all previous conversations)
> > > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > > ---------- Original Message ----------- From: roland lobo <[email protected]>
> > > > > > > > > > To: Draganfly Innovations <[email protected]>
> > > > > > > > > > Sent: Wed, 8 Mar 2006 12:56:50 -0800 (PST)
> > > > > > > > > > Subject: Re: info regarding eyecam extreme
> > > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > > > hi Gary and thanks for your prompt response. When I move the cable the cable end which co nnects to the board is the one which moves. That's the end which I play around with for the image to appear on the screen. So what does that mean.
> > > > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > > > Rgds
> > > > > > > > > > > Roland
> > > > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > > > Draganfly Innovations <[email protected]> wrote: Hello, Roland
> > > > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > > > It sounds like there may be a weak solder joint somewhere in your wireing. When you move the wire, is it moving where the cable conec ts to the board, or just the transmitter? If you are getting break up when you move the conector at t he bottom of the board, it might be that the cable is getting a bad power connection.
> > > > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > > > Regards,
> > > > > > > > > > > Gary
> > > > > > > > > > > ; --------------------------------
> > > > > > > > > > > Draganfly Innova tions Inc
> > > > > > > > > > > 2108 St. George Avenue
> > > > > > > > > > > Saskatoon, SK Canada S7M-0K7
> > > > > > > > > > > http://www.rctoys.com
> > > > > > > > > > > Email: [email protected]
> > > > > > > > > > > Order Toll Free: 1-800-979-9794
> > > > > > > > > > > Int: 1-306-955-9907
> > > > > > > > > > > Fax: 1-306-955-9906
> > > > > > > > > > > Monday-Friday 7:30-6:00pm CST Saturday 10-4pm
> > > > > > > > > > > See our newest aerial videos from the Draganflyer TiPro here!
> > > > > > > > > > > http://www.rctoys.com/private/videos.html
> > > > > > > > > > > (In your replies, Please include all previous conversations)
> > > > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > > > ---------- Original Message -----------
> > > > > > > > > > > From: roland lobo <[email protected]>
> > > > > > > > > > > To: [email protected]
> > > > > > > > > > > Sent: Wed, 8 Mar 2006 06:28 :49 -0800 (PST)
> > > > > > > > > > > Subject: info regarding eyecam extreme
> > > > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > > > > Hi, My name is roland and I am proud owner of a draganfly VTI with eyecam extreme. Although I haven't flown the draganfly with the eyecam until now, I have used it to test the video.
> > > > > > > > > > > > All of a sudden I am facing a problem with the eyecam and the video flickers a lot until I hold the cable connecting the eyecam in a perticular angle. Looks like the problem is the camera cable. I need a solution to this problem. What solution can you offer me. I am looking at extending the cable a little bit so that there is room for placing the camera in different positions on the helicopter. I contacted a lot of people on rcuniverse website and everybody refers me to jeremy at draganfly.
> > > > > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > > > > Kind rgds
> > > > > > > > > > > > Roland

Hello RoxyBoby

Thank you for providing all of this information, it definately sheds some light on the issue for me. I will be have a long talk with both Adam and Gary regarding this. I have done some research into this and we have indeed received your package, I am having Jeremy test the camera this afternoon, I think we will probably have it replaced for you.

We normally do not like having packages sent back through DHL because it is very tricky to get through customs. Through DHL if everything is not filled out exactly how DHL's customs brokers want the package will not get through. It is not so much as tax thing as much as the service and ease of shipping.

Please contact me through email ([email protected]), attention the email to myself and we can get all of the details for this cleared up. I am very sorry about this huge mixup and thank you for bringing it to my attention.

Cory Baker
[email protected]

Draganfly Innovations
Old 05-31-2006, 03:13 AM
nickruss

Dear Cory Baker,

I am very sorry that this forum seems to have become an unofficial RCTOYS RMA desk. I called last night and nobody had ever heard of my repair case, despite my conversation with you when you informed me that you had a lot of work on so it would be a bit late.

(Recall, this is the job to upgrade / rewire my eyecam extreme to a SAVS mount).

I even emailed you last night to tell you that I am now fed up of complete silence from you guys and need my camera back since this is instrumental to the way I earn a living and I am fed up of informing clients that I cannot do jobs because the "camera is back at the manufacturers being upgraded." Just imagine if some of your key suppliers treated you like this if you had a big order...

So all I want is my camera back. It can't take weeks and weeks, and if you genuinely do have a problem, please let me know.

I recently recommended and did a demo of my DF V to a guy here in the UK who is thinking of buying one, however I would like to advise everyone who is in this position to seriously consider your company;s slow turnaround and lack of support of their customers.

Once again, sorry to have to post this in a public forum, but based on the other guy here it seems to be the only way to get heard.

Nick

--
Nick
Old 05-31-2006, 12:03 PM
nickruss

Just to add - DFI inform me that the camera will be returned to me today.
Old 05-31-2006, 03:35 PM
roxyboby

hi nick.
By the way, has the camera been repaired and sent back or has it been sent without being repaired.

Roxyboby
Old 05-31-2006, 11:26 PM
Phodel

Wow! This thread has turned into a RCtoys.com bashing conversation!

I must say that there really isn't any supplier that has a global customer base I have ever dealt with recently that actually replied to emails with in 5 business days. Honestly, if you are serious about getting your issues addressed rctoys.com or not then you better call them!

I too have had issues from time to time regarding my DF but my experience has been fabulous as it relates to rctoys.com and spectrolutions.com cusomter service. I may not have had the lightning fast email responses (who does?) but I did get everything taken care of satisfactorily in time.

Regarding the shipping comment............shipping from the states or canada overseas is always a hassle as it relates to customs. rctoys.com is right! Some shippers get unusual scrutiny beyond others for obvious reasons which in turn hold up delivery turn around to you.

They have an extremely unique flying platform that you just cannot get anywhere. You must admit it is awesome thing to see flying!

Overall, I have experienced and heard more good things than bad as it relates to customer service at rctoys.com and spectrolutions.com. Keep in mind no one is perfect!

Regardless, I hope all goes well and you get all your issues resolved.

I had to put my 2 cents worth in!

Phodel
Old 07-27-2006, 09:59 AM
Dirk Schooner

I have to agree in part with netsmith, my Vti Pro kit came with loads of missing parts and I am still wiating for them to turn up after an exchange of emails and phone calls to Canada. They are clever in making their connectors proprietory, frustrating though. Once things are sorted out and I can actually fly the machine, I am hoping all the stress and expense will have been worth it....

Customer support seem to be trying their best and do always answer questions and are generally helpful, but the communication between departments seems to not be as good as it could.

Wish I had found this forum before I got my credit card out!
Old 08-20-2006, 07:37 PM
kg4izw

I bought a Blade Runner Refurb. last November and when it arrived with bent up blades, they were promptly replaced by DFI. They have always answered my phone calls to their 1-800 # and I even called them yesterday (a Saturday) and someone answered the phone and answered all 10 or 12 of my questions with patience. I am glad to say I just bought a second hand DF IV on ebay and I have absolutely no fears of DFI customer support. They are always good to their word and shipping is less than a week form them to me in Alabama.
I just wanted to share my experiences with DFI too. Thanks, PaulB.
Old 08-24-2006, 10:07 AM
Dirk Schooner

That's interesting about the blades, I got a 3 sets with my VTI pro, nylon and only one set is flat, the rest all bend and curve upwards, I thought this was how they should be, despite the surprise of my friend who said they should be flat. I have the flat set on now and will be flying tomorrow so we will see.....

I have been back and forth with RcToys so much recently I dare'nt ask them to replace the blades.

Take a look at my vibration problem example here:

http://www.digithull.com/crash.mov
Old 08-24-2006, 10:25 PM
scottslc

Hey Dirk, do you have the savs setup? What is your camera setup?

Thanks, Scott
Old 04-05-2007, 03:39 PM
cloudcuckooland

Very interesting thread. TY all.
Old 04-05-2007, 07:14 PM
SAVS

Hey' I might as well jump in. Service is good, shipping is slow. Always got what I paid for and never had anything missing from the order. Actually I had extra parts one time! Just an honest opinion...Denny (SAVS)
Old 04-10-2007, 07:34 AM
AeroRecon

Adding my 2 cents in here for the record. Service and support and shipping have ALWAYS been great when dealing with DFI directly. For board issues I deal with Mike at Spectrolutions with same results. No issues here. I hate threads like this. One bad experience can really leave a bad taste in the mouths of others for a long time that takes 20 rebuttals to finally wash clean. How about a thread with a post every time you have things work out as expected??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.