Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Draganfly Innovations Products
Reload this Page >

What "C" rating lipo's to use

Community
Search
Notices
Draganfly Innovations Products Discuss all the Draganfly Innovations Products in this forum

What "C" rating lipo's to use

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2007, 09:26 PM
dmcfirestar500

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What "C" rating lipo's to use

Hey guys just wondering what continuous "C" rating LiPo's you use for your dragan flyers. I was using an older 8 "C" continuous pack tonight and it got really hot and my roswell flyer kept going into unarmed mode. I think or should I say hope its the batts, but I also know I could use some new motors. So what batts does everyone run?
Old 08-01-2007, 11:47 PM
BB_DF

Default RE: What "C" rating lipo's to use

Most people are running a 10A fuse in the DF, though sometimes the factory installs 15A. I've heard of some people experiencing circuit damage with the 15A. So it depends on the voltage and mAh rating of your batteries. For example the standard DF 1320 mAh 3S would produce 10.6 Amps if it discharged at 8C, and blow the fuse. I would run at least a 1300 mAh 11.1V (3S pack). The battery gets hot in the last stages of its discharge, so the more capacity the better. With a larger capacity battery you will not have to discharge the battery as much, and so it will stay cooler. You should be able to get at least 8 minutes of flight, and you should set a timer to avoid overheating.

Ciao,
Bruce
Old 08-03-2007, 10:42 AM
dmcfirestar500

Thanks for the quick reply Bruce. I'm now pretty sure my motors (or atleast the comms or brushes) are too old and worn out and probably drawing too many amps and very unevenly I should add.

I'm glad I found this forum, alot of good information here and people that are willing to help.

Thanks again,
Pat
Old 08-07-2007, 03:03 PM
dmcfirestar500

Well I've been looking around at some new lipo's could someone please give me the weight of the stock DF lipo so I know what weight to stay under.

Thanks in advance,
Pat
Old 08-07-2007, 10:48 PM
Old Man Mike

ORIGINAL: dmcfirestar500

Well I've been looking around at some new lipo's could someone please give me the weight of the stock DF lipo so I know what weight to stay under.

Thanks in advance,
Pat
3.3 oz

Mike
Old 08-08-2007, 09:17 AM
dmcfirestar500

Thanks Mike. The battery packs I've been using are 600mah 8c packs that weigh 53.53 grams. I knew they were lighter but they work well for getting used to the RF since I've only been doing very short hovering . I also use them in my x-ufo in which they are a perfect match. I need to purchase some new heavier and higher cap batts for my RF now that I know what to look for. I also need some new motors, but I think I'm going to wait until and see how your BL setup runs because I'd much rather use BL as just about all my other r/c's are BL including a BL 8th scale buggy, 1/18th scale stadium truck, and 1/10th scale buggy.

Thanks again,
Pat