Community
Search
Notices
Dub Jett Engines Support Bob Brassel of Dub Jett Engines provides direct support here for Jett Engines.

Older Jett muffler

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2011, 05:41 PM
bkg1956

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Older Jett muffler

I came across and purchased for a song an older red Jett muffler for a Jett .50 engine. It fit my OS .55 AX and ran great...at least for the first few flights. There is something loose inside the muffler, and I can't get it in a position to identify what it is. The engine is in one piece. I was not aware there were any baffles inside these pipes. Am I wrong about that? The engine starts fine but loses power in flight and soon dies.

Do I have a loose baffle? If so is there a remedy? Doesn't appear the pipe can be disassembled. Thanks for your help!
Old 09-29-2011, 12:41 PM
bob27s
My Feedback: (19)

Default RE: Older Jett muffler

Thanks for writing....

What is rattling around is the mini-pipe witihn the muffler. It is not a baffle, it is the tuned portion of the system.

Very rare those come loose, but it does happen once in a while (very rarely these past 4-5 years, was more common 6-10 years ago).

The OS 55 really comes alive with a jett-stream installed.

I would recommend sending it down to Dub. Address is on the website. Typically inexpensive for him to repair.

Not user servicable. Dub has special tools for disassembly/assembly of the mufflers.

Bob
Old 09-29-2011, 04:56 PM
bkg1956

Thanks Bob. I'll call Dub.

You're right! It does come alive!! Had to put my tuned pipe back on and the difference is noticeable. The guys at the field like the sound of the Jett Stream better as well. More like a F1 race engine than a model airplane!!
Old 09-30-2011, 06:50 AM
bob27s
My Feedback: (19)

Quite a few of the classic pattern guys use the OS55 and Jett Stream combo. Just pure power. Likes 11x6 and 11x7 props. And yep, does not have the pipe sound, its just something different.