Community
Search
Notices
Dub Jett Engines Support Bob Brassel of Dub Jett Engines provides direct support here for Jett Engines.

Jett46 Heli

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2004, 12:33 AM
c/f
My Feedback: (1)

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Jett46 Heli

My Jett 46H runs awesome, my problem is that I want to install it into another type heli that has a higher gearing ratio and this engine has mid range transition problems on the pipe or turbo quiet muffler if allowed to run below 18K peak rpms. How would a generic expansion type muffler behave? If the output HP goes down thats fine aslong as it behaves linearly on throttle response....
Old 02-06-2004, 04:03 PM
bob27s
My Feedback: (19)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Jett46 Heli

Hi,

Sorry for the delay.... was on vacation for a few weeks

I've run the .46 H using a Hatori muffler (a few years back) and it had less of an issue with transition at lower RPMs. It will run on just about any muffler that you might use for the OS46 or OS50.

The engine will work well and be happy as long as you keep the RPM over 16,500. Usually with torque load, that means trying to stay around 17K.

Give it a try with another exhaust system. Let me know what your results are.

Bob