Notices
Dub Jett Engines Support Bob Brassel of Dub Jett Engines provides direct support here for Jett Engines.

FIRE 50 BSE

Old 06-02-2004, 10:40 AM
deckerv
My Feedback: (21)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FIRE 50 BSE

Hello,
I was just wondering what props are recommended for this engine. Mine is past the break-in stage, and want to get some more power to my Whiplash now Any suggestions???
Thanks
Deck
Old 06-03-2004, 11:24 AM
bob27s
My Feedback: (19)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: FIRE 50 BSE

Hi Deck,

Thanks for writing.

Tell me what prop and RPM you are at now and I can work from there.

There are a variety of combinations, and it depends a bit on the pipe length. If Dub supplied a pre-tuned pipe combination, he would have included information on RPM and prop suggestions for the set up. The important part of prop selection is staying near the tuned rpm of the pipe.

In general, the pipes are set up to run around 17,500 to 18,000 RPM.

A standard APC 9x8 will get up there and give you excellent top end performance.

You can try a standard APC 9x9 also. It is a somewhat heavy blade, and it will likely drop the engine off of the pipe on the ground... makes setting the needle a bit tricky since the engine will not stage on the pipe on the ground, and it will surge and act up a bit if you try to lean it out. You have to keep the engine a little rich before launch, but the beast will jump on the pipe shortly after launch.

My personal favorite is the 8.8x9 or 8.8x9.25 q-500 props. The engine likes these and turns up nicely. Again, find peak rpm, back off about 800-1000 rpm on the ground, and fly.

Several guys on the Extream Speed forum have a good deal of experience with this combo, and they are usually willing to provide their suggestions too.

I trust this is helpful

Bob