Community
Search
Notices
Dub Jett Engines Support Bob Brassel of Dub Jett Engines provides direct support here for Jett Engines.

sportjet 120

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2005, 11:06 PM
kingtight
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sportjet 120

What will be the ideal muffler set up for the sport jet 120 in a GSP YAK 54?Im interested in a 120 but dosent want a awkward odd fitting muffler damaging the cowl.
Also is 10% nitro fuel ok for a jet 120 engine,will that low nitro rob the engine of rpms? seeking advice please thanks
Old 01-17-2005, 01:39 PM
bob27s
My Feedback: (19)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: sportjet 120

Hi, thanks for writing....

First, on the fuel. All Jett engines are designed to run on 15% or less nitro. The ideal fuel for most applications is 10% nitro.

The SJ-120 (big block) and BSE-120L (60 size block) both have about the same performance and power. Take a look at the sizes and weights to select the one best suited for the GSP Yak. You may want to go with the big-block.

Mufflers....

All of the Jett engines are available with the Turbo-Jett in-cowl tuned muffler. This muffler provides you with outstanding broad band power, excellent midtrange and throttle response, and allows you to turn slightly larger props than with the standard Jett-Stream muffler.

If I recall, the GSP Yak has a fairly large cowl. The entire package should fit in there quite nicely.
(THE BSE-100 and turbo fit inside the Extream Flight Yak cowl without issue).

-

Either the SJ-120 or BSE-120 is available with the Turbo-Jett as the supplied muffler. Email Dub directly at [email protected] for current pricing. Engines typically ship within about a week.

As an example...
I currently run my BSE-100 and turbo-jett combination using an APC 15x8, and the combination turns at 10+K rpm. The 1.20 engines will turn about 1" more prop somewhere around 9000-9500 rpm.

I hope this is helpful. Feel free to ask if you have any other questions.

Bob Brassell