Community
Search
Notices
Dub Jett Engines Support Bob Brassel of Dub Jett Engines provides direct support here for Jett Engines.

carb. getting loose on .91

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2005, 06:44 AM
ampa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default carb. getting loose on .91

I broke in my 91.l as per instructions, after two tanks, with the engine running I observed the carb "dancing" in his location, I stopped the engine and re tightened the nut with a drop of thread locker in,once ended the break in period I began to fly and at the end of the second flight I noticed the carb still "dancing", these time the nut is still glued with thread locker( and very hard to turn) ......what can I do?
Old 07-20-2005, 03:14 PM
bob27s
My Feedback: (19)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: carb. getting loose on .91

Ampa,

The carb is held in place with a steel draw bar.

There is no need for thread-locker of any kind on the draw bar and drawbar nut. Once properly tightened, it creates a 'jam' effect and locks itself in a sense.

Simply losen the drawbar nut a turn or two - push the drawbar back into the case a bit to center it - push the carb down to set it fully in position, and tighten the draw bar nut (brass nut) with a nut driver.

Hand tight with a standard nut drive is all that is required.

If you have the nut glued in place, and the carb is still lose where it can rotate and move ...... pull the carb off of the engine. You will then be able to remove the draw bar and nut - then either replace those two parts, or use solvent to remove the loctite/glue from the nut. Then reassemble.

Let me know how you make out.

Bob