Community
Search
Notices
Dub Jett Engines Support Bob Brassel of Dub Jett Engines provides direct support here for Jett Engines.

1.20L

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2006, 08:39 AM
Hobbsy
My Feedback: (102)

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts
Default 1.20L

Bob, I'm going to buy a 1.20L in a couple of days with a thought toward Dieselizing it, don't laugh too hard. I would like to know the bore and stroke. Also would one of your carbs with a smaller venturi fit the 1.20L. I have about 15 Diesel conversion have never damaged an engine yet. Thanks, Dave
Old 06-05-2006, 09:46 AM
bob27s
My Feedback: (19)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 1.20L

Hi Dave....

Thanks for writing.

email Dub directly at [email protected] for bore/stroke information.

As for a diesel, I'm not too sure I'd proceed with that without doing some detailed checking.

This engine is very unique.

It is AAC, ceramic coated pistion, very special fit-up that is not "as" heat dependant as some ABC/AAC engines.

Also, be advised, there are some very small o-rings used on the idle needle and the carb draw-bar - you would have to ensure that those were replaced with a diesel/petrolium compatible material.

The smaller .46/.50 size carbs will fit. The carb bodies are all the same size. The 1.20 uses a 9mm carb if I recall correctly. Dub can confirm that. You can order the engine per your requirements. The only issue may be, that Dub always test-runs every engine, and has performance marks he uses for evaluation. So obviously something of a special order will perform differently.

Anyway, drop Dub a line directly, request the info, and perhaps he can give you some direct information on the diesel capabilities.

Bob