Community
Search
Notices
Dub Jett Engines Support Bob Brassel of Dub Jett Engines provides direct support here for Jett Engines.

Which Jett Engine to use?

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2003, 12:53 AM
rcuser004
My Feedback: (287)

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Which Jett Engine to use?

I am currently setting up a World 57" Mustang for use in SWRA
racing. I am trying to decide which engine to use. Most competitors are using a Y.S. 91 or 1.20 in this plane, turning an APC 12 x 12 (11,000 RPM) or 14 x 14 (10,000 RPM) with 40-50%
nitro.

A friend is running a Rossi .61 with mini pipe and large carb., turning an APC 10 x 9 at over 15,000 RPM. His plane seems to be the fastest in the group. What engine in your line can compete with the Rossi (SAME PROP BUT HIGHER RPM). I am limited to a maximum .70 size engine due to size of plane per SWRA rules (they allow up to a .70 two-stroke or 1.40 four-stroke for this size plane).

Thanks,
Old 01-29-2003, 03:08 AM
bob27s
My Feedback: (19)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which Jett Engine to use?

Hi,

Thank you for writing....

If you are limited to a .70 or less, you may be interested in the Sport Jett .65. This is pretty much the same as the .76 and 90L, just a few less RPMs. The only problem is, the engine was not a big seller, and has pretty much been discontinued... but, I think you can likely get one.

The .65 with the provided Jett-Stream muffler will outperform the Rossi. Usually this engine will turn a 12x6 APC up around 14K rpm. It is a high timed engine designed to turn up RPM. It should turn a 10x9 about 15,000 on the ground, and will unload big time in the air.

Nice feature, is that the engine and muffler weigh about 25 oz total.

I would suggest that you drop an email directly to Dub at [email protected] and ask him if he still can provide you with a .65 engine. He may also be able to give you some prop-rpm info for the smaller diameters.

too bad you can't go with a 90 2 stroke The SJ-90L and BSE 90L are real animals!

I hope this is helpful

Bob Brassell