Community
Search
Notices
Dub Jett Engines Support Bob Brassel of Dub Jett Engines provides direct support here for Jett Engines.

Ballastic Pattern Engine?

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2007, 11:39 AM
sparky925
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ballastic Pattern Engine?

Engine recommendation for a 70s-80s model pattern ZOOMER!!!

dirty Birdie, Mach 1, tarus ect...

I am thinking the .60xl...but what prop recommendations!!
Old 01-05-2007, 09:31 AM
bob27s
My Feedback: (19)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Ballastic Pattern Engine?

ORIGINAL: sparky925

Engine recommendation for a 70s-80s model pattern ZOOMER!!!

dirty Birdie, Mach 1, tarus ect...

I am thinking the .60xl...but what prop recommendations!!
Thanks for writing.....

For the Mach 1, the 60LX will work ok. It is a smaller aircraft.

Keep in mind, the 60LX is a "40" size engine (physically and weight wise). Will work great in the older designs that use to use older/lighter Merco 60, Veco 60, ST blue head or Webra black head 60engine - produces power beyond those, and weighs about the same with the tuned jett-stream muffler. Turns an 10x6 or 11x5 with authority - so it could be used for planes like the Mach 1, Intruder, Eyeball, etc.

The Dirty Birdy needs serious power turning an 11x7 or better up front to really make it move. Same goes for other 675-700-750 sq in wing class ships.

For those, the 90LX is the weapon of choice to really make it move. This is a conventional "61" size engine, drops in where an old OS61FSR or Rossi 60 use to. But unfortunately there seems to be a few folks out there who want to limit BPA competition to .61 size 2-c engines. Nobody makes a good one of those any longer (except rossi, and it is somewhat heavy). I was hoping at least negociating a .76 max displacement would be helpful - even the Tower 75 is a nice engine for some of these planes... and the Jett SJ-76 is only a tad down power wise from the 90L.

If you simply want an engine to build a fast and smooth ship, go with the SJ-90LX. Bolt on an 11x8 or 11x9, retract the landing gear, and hang on to the sticks

Bob