Community
Search
Notices
Dub Jett Engines Support Bob Brassel of Dub Jett Engines provides direct support here for Jett Engines.

Quarter .40 Engine

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2003, 07:02 PM
SSAN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quarter .40 Engine

Hi Bob,

Due to recent change from wood prop to APC carbon fiber prop approval, is Dub going to make changes to the tuned muffler to run the carbon prop ?

The reason is... I was informed that the current Q40 engine was tuned more for lower pitch and higher RPM than the Nelson and that it would not let the engine get on the pipe unless an adapter extention was added. Therefore, I'm a little hesitant to make any purchase until the muffler has been updated. Please verify.

Thanks,
Sam
Old 02-12-2003, 03:03 PM
bob27s
My Feedback: (19)

Hi Sam.....

Myself, Dub, Jerry Small, and Mike Helsel (and many others) ran the carbon props last season on the QM40 engine with excellent results. There was a minor muffler change well over a year ago when Dub started building the machined (BSE) mufflers.

I have no adapter or anything on my QM engine. Muffler bolts directly in place. Sidewinder flew 1:07 for me last time out last year (with some rusty thumbs).

The current QM40 muffler (both cast and BSE version) has pretty much remained the same since then. If Dub has some plans for a change, I am not aware of it. I will speak with him later today and double check.

In any case, when you order an engine, you will receive the most current muffler along with it.
Old 02-13-2003, 12:02 AM
SSAN

Thanks for the clarification, Bob!

Sam