Community
Search
Notices
Dub Jett Engines Support Bob Brassel of Dub Jett Engines provides direct support here for Jett Engines.

What engine for flip 3D?

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2003, 05:32 PM
Victor L. Baney

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What engine for flip 3D?

I have a Flip 3D kit waiting to be build, what Jett engine would you recomend for full 3D capabilities. I havn't found any threads from subcribers mentioning the use of Jett engines. There is a lot of discussions regarding other brands which are all good, but I would love to use either a Jett .46 or .50. What are your suggestions.

Best regards,

Vic
Old 04-17-2003, 07:00 PM
bob27s
My Feedback: (19)

Hi,

Thank you for writing.....

Great question! And some good timing

At the Toledo show, we introduced our BRAND NEW
Jett 65L 3D engine !

This engine is the same physical size as our famous 40,46 and 50. It comes with our new Lite-Jett non-tuned muffler.... combining for a total weight of only 14.5 ounces!

The larger displacement allows outstanding power, while using a non-tuned muffler. For 3D work, the tuned effect works against you as the engine trys to jump on-and-off the pipe as you transition from midrange to full power. That is not desireable for 3D flying and hovering. This engine works great with the APC 12.25 x 3.75 funfly/3D prop at about 14,000 rpm peak. Other props will work within that rpm range.

I am a bit behind getting the info up on the web site, but I have attached an image. (comes with spinner nut not shown).

Price of the engines are 275 for the .60L 3D and 295 for the .65L. BSE (bar stock crank case) is 40.00 more.

I hope this is helpful

Bob Brassell
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	71469_7036.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	10.7 KB
ID:	43203  
Old 04-19-2003, 01:01 AM
Victor L. Baney

Thanks Bob,

Your reply was timely and just the answer I was looking for! I will be ordering the engine you recomend.

Thanks again

Vic
Old 04-19-2003, 01:59 AM
bob27s
My Feedback: (19)

Glad I could be of help.....!

Bob