Dub Jett Engines Support Bob Brassel of Dub Jett Engines provides direct support here for Jett Engines.

Jett Stream Muffler with OS91FX & 14x6 or 15x4?

Old 11-09-2008, 10:29 PM
Chris P. Bacon
Banned
My Feedback: (4)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Jett Stream Muffler with OS91FX & 14x6 or 15x4?

Hi Bob, I'm looking for an aftermarket muffler for an OS91FX and was wondering how the Jett Stream muffler would perform in an Ultra Stick 60 when using a 14x6 or 15x4 prop? I did read-up on some of your other posts regarding the OS91FX and the Jett Stream muffler, but they were all with smaller props. I'm wondering if the larger prop with less pitch will get me into the RPM rage necessary for the tuned Jett Stream to work well. I did tach it recently using the newer style Slimline pitts muffer and got 10,700 rpm with a Vess 14x6 prop. I have some 15x4 props on the way to try as well. I'm not looking for speed. Any recommendations would be appreciated.
Old 11-09-2008, 10:45 PM
bob27s
My Feedback: (19)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Jett Stream Muffler with OS91FX & 14x6 or 15x4?

ORIGINAL: Ace Dude

Hi Bob, I'm looking for an aftermarket muffler for an OS91FX and was wondering how the Jett Stream muffler would perform in an Ultra Stick 60 when using a 14x6 or 15x4 prop? I did read-up on some of your other posts regarding the OS91FX and the Jett Stream muffler, but they were all with smaller props. I'm wondering if the larger prop with less pitch will get me into the RPM rage necessary for the tuned Jett Stream to work well. I did tach it recently using the newer style Slimline pitts muffer and got 10,700 rpm with a Vess 14x6 prop. I have some 15x4 props on the way to try as well. I'm not looking for speed. Any recommendations would be appreciated.
Thanks for writing....

You can use a jett muffler, but for the bigger props you want to use the "Torque" version. That one is the longer, lower rpm version we sell with the BSE-100 and also was provided for the BSE-120. We also use this one on the OS 120. Prop it so the powerplant turns between 10,000 and 13,000 peak ground rpm, and back off from the peak about 400-500 rpm for flight.

On the 14x6 you should see about a 500-600 rpm gain. May not seem like a lot, but remember the bigger the prop gets, only a few hundred rpm gain represents a BIG horse power increase.

When ordering from the website form, simply describe you want the "LONG" torque muffler for larger props.

The Vess 14x6 is a heck of a prop. REALLY runs nice ...... I have on my BSE-100. The 15x4 should work too. Props are very light weight on top of everything, they spool up wonderfully. I've also used his 11x7, 11x8, 12x6 and 12x8 on my SJ-90. REAL good combinations.

Let me know how you make out with this

Bob