Community
Search
Notices
Dub Jett Engines Support Bob Brassel of Dub Jett Engines provides direct support here for Jett Engines.

engine mount question

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2009, 10:53 PM
fizzwater2
My Feedback: (61)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default engine mount question

Bob - does Jett make a beam-type mount in the "light" style that would fit a TTpro .40? I've got an older Q40 plane that I would like to fly with a TTpro 40 at our local field, just for the fun of it. It was originally set up for the light mount, would like to drop in the TTpro, without having it stick out the front much further than it has to.

Just wondering, thanks!

Old 06-02-2009, 01:41 PM
bob27s
My Feedback: (19)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: engine mount question

Iknow Dub makes the regular QM40 mount set up for TT/OS mounting. No doubt he can drill a light mount the same way.

Drop him a note at [email protected] and he can get back with you directly

Bob

Old 06-02-2009, 02:06 PM
fizzwater2

Thanks, Bob - I'll have to do that. First I think I'll measure from the front ring of the fuse back to the firewall, just to double check that I'd end up with the proper mounting depth for the TTpro.

I flew a friend's sport quarter .40 over the weekend, and it would make a great plane to fly at the local field, without scaring everyone completely off! Our locals are getting used to our 424 planes.. the Jett quickies startle them somewhat with the RPM, can't imagine what a full blown Q40 would do!

Old 06-03-2009, 08:57 AM
bob27s
My Feedback: (19)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds good...

Ive flown a number of "retired" QM40 aircraft with just TT40 engines up front. I even set up one as a "give away"toy powered by an old K&B 40 Ipicked up at a swap meet.

As you noted, impressive performance, and it is even nice to be able to throttle back and hand off the transmitter to someone at the field .....

"......here, fly this for a while..."

Always amazes them how smooth the plane is.

We also tried to push for a sport QM40 class down south years ago. Didnt come about, but it looks like there is some activity with it now. Glass/foam only, TT46 or similar, 9x7 prop ...... cant ask for more fun.

Bob
Old 06-03-2009, 09:04 AM
fizzwater2

I'd like to see TT40 vs. the 46 - same engine as the 424 planes. Whatever, though - neither one is very expensive when you compare to "real" racing engines!

Of course, there are those of us that really like the sound of a 428 or 422 plane.. even if there are those that don't!

Thanks Bob - I'll have to get those measurements and e-mail Dub.