Community
Search
Notices
Dub Jett Engines Support Bob Brassel of Dub Jett Engines provides direct support here for Jett Engines.

F-22 and a Jett 50?

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2010, 03:53 PM
Wingspam

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F-22 and a Jett 50?

Greetings all..

I have a Hanger 9 F-22 that I have flown for a couple of years now, it started with an Os 46 and up till a week or so ago an Os 55 ax. I put the 55 on my new profile yak. So it needs a new motor, has anyone put a Jett motor on this plane? I am leaning toward the Jett 50. just because the cost is so similar to the Jett 46.

What do you think of this combo?

Thanks
Old 01-21-2010, 10:47 AM
bob27s
My Feedback: (19)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: F-22 and a Jett 50?

Hi,

Sorry for the delay in my reply....

A few folks have installed a Jett SJ-50 in the H9 jet. Flys well, pleanty of power. A little bit quicker than the .46 or OS 55 in stock configuration.

The difference being, with the Jett 50 you want to use a 10x6 in this aircraft (after it is broken in). It has fixed landing gear, and a LOT of frontal area ..... lots of drag. It can fly with the a 9x8 or 9x7 for a little more top end speed, but the takeoff performance will be a bit less.... longer takeoff roll.

Bob