Community
Search
Notices
Dub Jett Engines Support Bob Brassel of Dub Jett Engines provides direct support here for Jett Engines.

60 LX BREAKING

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2010, 10:57 PM
PILOTO47

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 60 LX BREAKING

Bob
I did the breaking of my 60 LX in the standusing 6 tanks of 12 oz.APC 10 x6.I started with 15.000,15.500, and the last one 16.800 rpm

After that, I mounted it, in a supersporter 40 with a Jett Bubles tank of 12 oz and run it 7 flights at 16.800 rmp. The motor runs very wellwithout hot.

My questionsare;
1- May I considered the motor already brokeing?
2- After the breaking how can I know what will be the maximun rpm that I may use with this motor,I understand that I have to get the maximun rpm an later reduce it 800 -1000, or it wil be just for the breaking, and for normal high speed flight must be 300-500 rpm?

Otto

Old 04-06-2010, 12:27 PM
bob27s
My Feedback: (19)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 60 LX BREAKING

Thanks for writing, and i believe i got back to you by email. But for others looking on.

Your engine seems ok, but should be performing a bit better. Around 17,500 peak ground rpm is pretty close for the 10x6 (depending on the installation) and a launch rpm down around 16,500 is where you want for the 10x6. It will unload a good deal in the air. But something to consider....

Break in of the 60LX or the 56LX engine should be done with a 9x6 or a cut-down 10x6 (to 8" diameter). You want the engine running on the test stand at 18,000 rpm while still slightly rich. Keep it right there - full throttle. If it starts to turn faster, run it slightly richer. These props will get you there. These bench runs will give you an idea of what the engine sounds like, the rpm you can expect, and where the needle setting needs to be.

The run-in instructions provided with the engine are tried and true. I suggest putting the engine back on the test stand and starting over a little. Get the rpm up. After 4-5 tanks like that, you can try a 9x7 or 9x8 . Learn what rpm it peaks at ... learn how to back off from the peak about 800-1000 rpm. Fly with that prop several flights as well.

Bob