Dub Jett Engines Support Bob Brassel of Dub Jett Engines provides direct support here for Jett Engines.

Jett .35 - Pusher configuration

Old 01-20-2010, 02:10 PM
jplavoie

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Jett .35 - Pusher configuration

Hi Bob,

I would like to use my BSE .35 as a pusher for the folowing model from Nitro Planes: http://www.nitroplanes.com/bo90arfrarec.html

I have 3 questions:

1. Is it ok to use the jett-stream muffler with the exhaust facing forward? (I guess this model will have a top speed of about 110-120 mph)
2. If not, is there any other exhaust options from Jett to better fit this application?
2. Which props would you recommend (2 or 3 blades)

Thanks and regards

JP
Old 01-21-2010, 10:56 AM
bob27s
My Feedback: (19)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Jett .35 - Pusher configuration

Hi, and thanks for writing......

1) yes, the exhaust can point forward - but you might not have to do that. Dub has built the larger .46-55 and .60-90 size jett-stream mufflers as pusher configuration (See photo). I do not recall if he made one yet for .35 muffler, but he probably can. Let me check on it. As you can see, the muffler is available for other engines too.

2) generally not any other exaust system that works well in the pusher configuration. A few folks flying the larger Bobcat and similar designs have gone with a RE engine, and run the pipe in the fuselage. But that requires a lot of work during installation.

3) 2 blade prop. On the BSE35, a standard 9x6P from APC will work great. If you need less diameter for clearance reasons, anything from an 8x6 - 9x6 is fair game on that engine.

Also, with this aircraft, consider using a bubble-jett or tetra tank. No clunk involved, no air bubbles, no foam. Tend to be a bit more consistant on fuel delivery.

Bob

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Qo39667.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	44.3 KB
ID:	1360732   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rn39052.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	161.6 KB
ID:	1360733