Notices
Dub Jett Engines Support Bob Brassel of Dub Jett Engines provides direct support here for Jett Engines.

BSE vs Cac

Old 01-31-2010, 10:09 AM
Wingspam

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BSE vs Cac

Would there be an advantage from either on of your motors in the 50 size for a pusher configuration? The BSE or the CAC? I will be putting this on a Nitro models bobcat, I know pusher's run hotter than your standard puller setups. So with that said, I would like this motor to last a long time so what brand of fuel would you recommend? Being a pusher do I need a higher oil content for your motor since it will be turning alot more RPM'S than I am used to? I currently use Omega 15% in all my glow motors.

On your pusher muffler since the exhaust port is moved up right beside the intake vs a rear exit is there any difference in performance between the 2 mufflers?
Do you carry your own brand glow plugs? if not what is the prefered plug for this motor?

Thanks
Old 01-31-2010, 12:34 PM
bob27s
My Feedback: (19)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: BSE vs Cac

Thanks for writing......

The BSE and cast engines run essentially the same. Choice is up to you.

Nothing different in fuel. Just a good quality fuel .... 10-15% nitro .... with a castor blend. Omega, PM, Wildcat, others are fine. Nothing special. Your Omega 15 is perfect.

No, higher oil content is not required, nor really desired. Sometimes we add a little oil during run-in, but most of the time, I do not.

THe Jett pusher muffler functions the same as the standard jett-stream. It is a tuned device, with internal structure. The exhaust does not head directly for the outlet.

Dub does carry his own plugs. The engines prefer a "hot" glow plug, such as K&B1L, Rossi 3, Hangar 9 performance plug, OS #3, McCoy MC-56. An OS#8 will work too, but it is more of a warm/cold plug, and sometimes can cause the engine to load up in midrange a bit.

For the SJ-50 or SJ56LX engines, prop selection should be a 9x7P, 9x8P, 10x6P. If using the 9" prop, be certain to allow a decent take-off roll . plane will take a little time to accelerate and climb out initially.

One major recommendation for the Bobcat, is to utilize one of the Bubble-Jett fuel tanks. Easier to install, eliminiates the possibility of drawing air or bubbles into the fuel feed. Importantly, no clunk position to worry about. All of this allows more consistant engine performance.