Community
Search
Notices
Dub Jett Engines Support Bob Brassel of Dub Jett Engines provides direct support here for Jett Engines.

tank distance from engine question?

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2010, 05:53 PM
summerwind

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default tank distance from engine question?

hi Bob,

i'm setting up the 50 in a Patriot, and using Spring Air retracts requires the retract Mt. plate to be pushed upwards by 3/8" which naturally creates a tight space for the standard Bubble Jett 8oz tank.
moving the tank back is going to be necassary.........but, what do you think is the allowable distance the tank can be pushed back without causing problems?
Old 02-07-2010, 11:09 PM
summerwind

Default RE: tank distance from engine question?

OK, would anyone care to venture a guess on this?

i have ordered a SJ 56LX and will be using it in the same plane and would like to be able to get an idea on how far a Bubble Jett tank can be mounted from the engine.

Old 02-08-2010, 08:12 PM
bob27s
My Feedback: (19)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: summerwind

hi Bob,

i'm setting up the 50 in a Patriot, and using Spring Air retracts requires the retract Mt. plate to be pushed upwards by 3/8'' which naturally creates a tight space for the standard Bubble Jett 8oz tank.
moving the tank back is going to be necassary.........but, what do you think is the allowable distance the tank can be pushed back without causing problems?
You will be jsut fine.

The bubble tank is an advantage with that. The "pickup" is in the front of the tank, not the back. So you get that distance as an advantage. Plus, you get more positive delivery, so that helps too.

Bob
Old 02-08-2010, 08:35 PM
summerwind

thx for the reply Bob,

i am about 4" back from the engine with the 8oz Bubble Jett, so i know that is going to work fine.

another possibility, and this will be way later as i progress with both Patriots is to use 2 tanks............1 being a 6oz slim in the nose which will push an 8 oz just behind the F2 former which gets the second tank back to around 8" behind the firewall.

idea here is to use a setup like Methanolovers setup but with less fuel capacity.

so that is why i'm wanting to see what the limit is..........8-9" for the second tank OK?
Old 02-19-2010, 10:22 PM
bob27s
My Feedback: (19)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

a few folks have used two tanks. Usually a pair of 6oz, mounted side by side